Long time no see, good people. Through thick and thin, I have kept my beloved E39 540i. Been tinkering with it bit by bit over the past 3 years that it has been parked to 'rest' for a while (owned for more than 15 years).
Bought a new battery, which I put on a trickle charger, 5 new tyres and recently (a few months ago) started the engine which fired up to my delight. However, I was not so lucky yesterday when I tried to start the engine again. The video shows how it responded to my attempt. I am not a mechanic by any means but willing to put in the required elbow grease to get the car back to its decent daily driver glory days. Can anyone who had had a similar issue or knowledgeable please suggest what to look for in order to get it running again?
Bought a new battery, which I put on a trickle charger, 5 new tyres and recently (a few months ago) started the engine which fired up to my delight. However, I was not so lucky yesterday when I tried to start the engine again. The video shows how it responded to my attempt. I am not a mechanic by any means but willing to put in the required elbow grease to get the car back to its decent daily driver glory days. Can anyone who had had a similar issue or knowledgeable please suggest what to look for in order to get it running again?