Help me build my E82 120d OEM+

corvinus

New member
Hey guys, so I’ve got a 2013 BMW 120d E82 LCI on about 80,000 km. It’s completely stock and I’ve spent the last while getting all the maintenance sorted, so I’m finally ready to start doing a few cosmetic mods.

I’m looking at a carbon fibre diffuser and Performance-style side skirts first. If anyone knows good local suppliers with decent fitment, please send recommendations.

The car was resprayed before I owned it and has some light swirl marks. Not sure if I should do a proper polish/paint correction first, then ceramic coat it, or if ceramic alone is enough. I’m thinking of getting it done at Smoke’m Garage. Has anyone used them before or heard good things?

Performance-wise I’m keeping it stock for now. Garage808 advised me not to do a downpipe yet and to keep the cat/DPF. I would like a bit more sound though, so I’m thinking about a rear muffler delete with a nicer polished exhaust tip once the diffuser is fitted. Has anyone done this on a 120d, and would Powerflow be the go-to for something like this?

The front bumper also clipped a pothole and the previous repair wasn’t great. 💀 The plastic work is a bit rough and bubbling, so I’m not sure whether to repair it properly or just replace it with a 1M-style bumper. I like the look, but I’m worried about that overbite look some conversions have.

Longer term I’d like a set of 313M wheels, probably next year. Basically going for a clean OEM+ look, so any Cape Town recommendations for parts, bodywork, detailing or exhaust work would be appreciated 😄
 

Attachments

  • 20260625_145005.jpg
    20260625_145005.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
  • 20260625_145052.jpg
    20260625_145052.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24

Julian_30d

Active member
Hey guys, so I’ve got a 2013 BMW 120d E82 LCI on about 80,000 km. It’s completely stock and I’ve spent the last while getting all the maintenance sorted, so I’m finally ready to start doing a few cosmetic mods.

I’m looking at a carbon fibre diffuser and Performance-style side skirts first. If anyone knows good local suppliers with decent fitment, please send recommendations.

The car was resprayed before I owned it and has some light swirl marks. Not sure if I should do a proper polish/paint correction first, then ceramic coat it, or if ceramic alone is enough. I’m thinking of getting it done at Smoke’m Garage. Has anyone used them before or heard good things?

Performance-wise I’m keeping it stock for now. Garage808 advised me not to do a downpipe yet and to keep the cat/DPF. I would like a bit more sound though, so I’m thinking about a rear muffler delete with a nicer polished exhaust tip once the diffuser is fitted. Has anyone done this on a 120d, and would Powerflow be the go-to for something like this?

The front bumper also clipped a pothole and the previous repair wasn’t great. The plastic work is a bit rough and bubbling, so I’m not sure whether to repair it properly or just replace it with a 1M-style bumper. I like the look, but I’m worried about that overbite look some conversions have.

Longer term I’d like a set of 313M wheels, probably next year. Basically going for a clean OEM+ look, so any Cape Town recommendations for parts, bodywork, detailing or exhaust work would be appreciated
Howsit man

So just to try and help you out a bit:

1. Cosmetic mods: Get in touch with Firi from Renzsport. He should definitely be able to sort you out.

2. Paintwork: The right thing to do would be polish/paint correction and then ceramic coating after that. Just curious though, why was the car already resprayed if it only has 80k km?

3. Exhaust: The best thing you will do is add a downpipe and a tune. Nothing crazy, but it will make the car a lot more fun. If you would like it loud, do the full exhaust as well along with the downpipe.

4. Bumper: I would repair the current bumper properly as I think it looks great as is.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
 

Nishcat_M140i

///Member
Hey Bud,

Depending on where you are, @FiRi@Rennzport can supply you with the side skirts and diffuser.

In terms of 1M bumper, I personally wouldn't do it on a normal M sport E82. I'd leave it as is since the E82 is already a beautiful design on its own.

A friend of mine had a 120d many years back and he did a 135 style exhaust and it sounded pretty good.

A set of 313M wheels would definitely look really good on this car, although personally I like the current 261M wheels on it that you have.

These cars are getting really hard to find and the ones that are up for sale are close to 135i prices which makes really no sense to get them. You have a really clean example here and pretty well spec'd too with the xenons. The E82 for me is one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Would love to eventually do a 1M but unfortunately their prices are way beyond my budget at present so I think an N54 135i seems a bit more feasible at this point.
 

AshG108

///Member
Howsit,

Congrats on the low mileage find!
This is a great shape and you mentioned OEM+. IMO I am against fitting anything 1M to a 120d...it may look good but if it is not for the full kit then it looks like some of these badly repaired, smashed examples on dodgy sited being sold.
The best OEM+ you can do (And get from Firi as well and he had this before) for cosmetics on the body is the rare Performance Aero kit. It is rare but damn good looking and suites the car so well.

Front bumper (and splitter incl.) + side skirts + rear diffuser. There is also the interior accessories (Handbrake handle in alcantara, Gearknob in brushed aluminium with alcantara boot, Performance Steering wheel in Alcantara with flat bottom, inlays in alcantara etc).

The fit the Blackline tail lights, Carbon bootspoiler etc and the real topper is the Performance rims (313 style I thing)

This looks tons better and more sleek than an 1M body kit IMHO.
As for the DP, Remove it and so software instead of keeping the CAT and cutting your backbox, you can then fit a nice midpipe and keep the OEM look till you want tp upgrade the rear box and tips (Also Performance available but very scarce).

I found a few links for you to check these out:


attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
 

corvinus

New member
Howsit man

So just to try and help you out a bit:

1. Cosmetic mods: Get in touch with Firi from Renzsport. He should definitely be able to sort you out.

2. Paintwork: The right thing to do would be polish/paint correction and then ceramic coating after that. Just curious though, why was the car already resprayed if it only has 80k km?

3. Exhaust: The best thing you will do is add a downpipe and a tune. Nothing crazy, but it will make the car a lot more fun. If you would like it loud, do the full exhaust as well along with the downpipe.

4. Bumper: I would repair the current bumper properly as I think it looks great as is.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks for the info!

I’ll definitely give Rennzport a shout.

Apparently the car had a bit of a “blow-over” respray. It was previously owned by an elderly lady who had a few small dings and marks, so from what I understand they freshened the paint up rather than it being accident damage.

I’ll think about the downpipe. Garage808 advised me to keep it stock for a while because the mileage is still so low, but I might look at some software on my next service and go from there.

Thanks as well on the bumper. I’ll probably try get the current one repaired properly first before replacing it.
 

corvinus

New member
Hey Bud,

Depending on where you are, @FiRi@Rennzport can supply you with the side skirts and diffuser.

In terms of 1M bumper, I personally wouldn't do it on a normal M sport E82. I'd leave it as is since the E82 is already a beautiful design on its own.

A friend of mine had a 120d many years back and he did a 135 style exhaust and it sounded pretty good.

A set of 313M wheels would definitely look really good on this car, although personally I like the current 261M wheels on it that you have.

These cars are getting really hard to find and the ones that are up for sale are close to 135i prices which makes really no sense to get them. You have a really clean example here and pretty well spec'd too with the xenons. The E82 for me is one of the best looking BMWs ever made. Would love to eventually do a 1M but unfortunately their prices are way beyond my budget at present so I think an N54 135i seems a bit more feasible at this point.
Hi!

Seems like Rennzport is definitely the place to ask then.

Did your friend do a back-box delete by any chance? I’m curious how much more sound I’d actually get from that. I’m not looking for anything crazy loud, just a slightly deeper tone. I was thinking of doing that with a nicer exhaust tip and calling it a day until I maybe do a downpipe further down the line.

I do like the 261Ms for now. I was thinking of maybe changing the colour in the meantime, then eventually going for 313Ms with a new set of tyres once the current ones are worn.

This 120d was actually incredibly hard to find. I eventually found it at SMG Tygervalley after around two years of looking for a clean, stock example.
 

corvinus

New member
Howsit,

Congrats on the low mileage find!
This is a great shape and you mentioned OEM+. IMO I am against fitting anything 1M to a 120d...it may look good but if it is not for the full kit then it looks like some of these badly repaired, smashed examples on dodgy sited being sold.
The best OEM+ you can do (And get from Firi as well and he had this before) for cosmetics on the body is the rare Performance Aero kit. It is rare but damn good looking and suites the car so well.

Front bumper (and splitter incl.) + side skirts + rear diffuser. There is also the interior accessories (Handbrake handle in alcantara, Gearknob in brushed aluminium with alcantara boot, Performance Steering wheel in Alcantara with flat bottom, inlays in alcantara etc).

The fit the Blackline tail lights, Carbon bootspoiler etc and the real topper is the Performance rims (313 style I thing)

This looks tons better and more sleek than an 1M body kit IMHO.
As for the DP, Remove it and so software instead of keeping the CAT and cutting your backbox, you can then fit a nice midpipe and keep the OEM look till you want tp upgrade the rear box and tips (Also Performance available but very scarce).

I found a few links for you to check these out:


attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Hi,

Gosh, some pictures of the 1M bumper look so good on Instagram, then I look at some of the local Facebook Marketplace examples and cry 😂

The Performance Aero kit looks really nice though. I’ve actually been searching for it online and haven’t found anyone local selling one, past or present. Def something I’d be interested in once I’ve sorted the side skirts and diffuser.

Would doing just a back-box delete be a complete waste though? I’m only after a tiny bit more sound for now without removing the cat/DPF yet. As mentioned above, I’ll probably look at software at my next service next year, then decide if I want to go further from there.

Thanks for the links as well, really appreciate them!
 
Top