Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
G30 iDrive / Connected drive
Hi guys

Quick question on the above, for some reason , my news app no longer works ( yes it is booked) , and the apps have become very slow to open. I have done the update bmw services in the car, i've done the usb updates, and today its been to the dealership, and they are also stumped.

Just wondering if anyone has come across something similar ?
have you seen this?

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/10/16/bmw-o...ve-update/
didnt see that, i but if i recall, mine ( a late 2018 / early 2019) is still 6 ( i think)

[Image: 226a9035a50fe0075544f2f14a40c12f.jpg]
This is all it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes they are all 6 mostly.
Mine as well.
1. Check the subscription of online services.
2. Check that the car can connect using internet via the SIM.
3. Check the antennae.
4. Possible an update messed things up, and you might have to rollback.

BMW has been useless for this type of thing in my opinion. Their genius in Sandton was trying to explain to me that BMW uses google maps so anything i find on Google maps, BMW maps can find.

We all know BMW uses Here maps, and so do most other german car makers who bought into the conglomeration some years back to develop their own car mapping solution, instead of simply using whats considered industry minimum fir navigation.

When i showed him an address in google maps and then the car couldnt find a match.
He said he doesnt know how thats possible, when i said if its both google maps, then surely its impossible, he said maybe oi have not updated my car. When i said the address im searching for is a place 20-30 years old, then he became very defensive.

Then i realised, genius is a relative term in BMW and said thanks and left.

Try the steps above and let me know.
Also, is it just news?

You could reboot your idrive and it will reload everything.
I am not talking about switching the control display on and off or the car on and off, but actually rebooting the iDrive pressing the Right and power button and holding.
Let me know.
Nastaliq
Current: 2017 BMW 520d M Sport - Alpine White
Previous: 2014 BMW 520d M Sport - Carbon Black Metallic + BMW PPK
Previous: 2010 BMW 320d A/T Exclusive - Sapphire Black
Previous: 2005 BMW 320i A/T Exclusive - Titanium Silver
The following 1 user Likes Nastaliq's post:
  • AshG108
(26-10-2020, 08:23 AM)Nastaliq Wrote: Yes they are all 6 mostly.
Mine as well.
3. Check the antennae.

BMW has been useless for this type of thing in my opinion. Their genius in Sandton was trying to explain to me that BMW uses google maps so anything i find on Google maps, BMW maps can find.

We all know BMW uses Here maps, and so do most other german car makers who bought into the conglomeration some years back to develop their own car mapping solution, instead of simply using whats considered industry minimum fir navigation.

When i showed him an address in google maps and then the car couldnt find a match.
He said he doesnt know how thats possible, when i said if its both google maps, then surely its impossible, he said maybe oi have not updated my car. When i said the address im searching for is a place 20-30 years old, then he became very defensive.

Then i realised, genius is a relative term in BMW and said thanks and left.

Try the steps above and let me know.
Also, is it just news?

You could reboot your idrive and it will reload everything.
I am not talking about switching the control display on and off or the car on and off, but actually rebooting the iDrive pressing the Right and power button and holding.
Let me know.

>Yup, booked until 2024
>Yup , flicker, weather, search, all of them work, Just the news
3. Check the antennae.
>done
>Done, and went into the dealer as well to re-upgrade to latest version

BMW SA, has created a case, and its been "escalated" so lets see, 

Its not a major train smash, its just something one pays for, and expects to work.

It all started after a OTA update , that they recommended , by doing the data transfer , and switching off the car
It’s fixed Bluebiggrin

If anyone else ever has this issue

Run the option to “Delete all personal data” , switch off the car afterwards , leave for 40 minutes ( slaughter and offer a chicken to your preferred deity , to keep the voodoo inside
I-drive happy) and it works after that Bluebiggrin

(11-11-2020, 06:19 AM)ijacobs3 Wrote: It’s fixed Bluebiggrin

If anyone else ever has this issue

Run the option to “Delete all personal data” , switch off the car afterwards , leave for 40 minutes ( slaughter and offer a chicken to your preferred deity , to keep the voodoo inside 
I-drive happy) and it works after that Bluebiggrin

Glad you got sorter bro, keep slaughtering so that the voodoo doesn't come back  Rofl
Cartel
Current:
2014 F30 320d with M performance power kit : My run around
2019 G05 X5 xdrive 30d M Sport : Family wagon
2019 G20 330i M Sport : Hers
Ex:
2011 C350 CDI

Good to know its sorted.
Amazingly though, this appears to be something a "genius" should know, versus having to Open a Puma case for, but then again, as I said, BMW genius' know less about my car than i do, so does that make them useless, or does it make me a BMW Genius.

I am still stumped with the Here maps issue. Anyone figure out a way to run google maps on your car (without using apple carplay)?