Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZF automatic transmission oil service special (19/10/2020 - 30/11/2020)
Hi all forumites!

ZF will be running an oil service special on all 6HP and 8HP ZF automatic transmissions.
The special price is R3800 incl VAT.
The special will run from Monday 19 October 2020 up until Monday 30 November 2020.
ZF is only open on weekdays.
It takes approx 1.5 to 2 hours to do a service.
The service is only applicable to the ZF 6HP and ZF 8HP transmissions.  (Unfortunately we don't service any GM or DCT transmissions) 

For bookings please contact the following: 
- ZF Johannesburg - Ashleigh Meiring on 011 457 0089 or email her on: Ashleigh.Meiring@zf.com
- ZF Cape Town - Sandra McClurg on 021 950 6300 or email her on: Sandra.McClurg@zf.com
- ZF Durban - Ricardo Parker on 031 512 2300 or email him on: Ricardo.Parker@zf.com

Regards Nico
ZF Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
170 Herman Street, Meadowdale, Ext. 3, Germiston
P.O.Box 2098, Kempton Park, 1620

Nico Eksteen
Supervisor - Passenger Vehicles
Phone:011 457 0005
Cell: 082 776 2757
Email: Nico.Eksteen@zf.com
http://www.zf.com/za
thank you
CURRENT: BMW E36 M3 Coupe PROJECT...plan.. 18" EwingEquips & TURBO
CURRENT: BMW 330i individual..Arizona Sun on 19's
CURRENT: DATSUN PB210 aka BIN aka "Z" Coupe 2L on EwingEmotions
CURRENT: AUDI A5 on 20" Concavos
CURRENT: Rothmans VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
CURRENT: Repsol VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
EX: BMW 330i, BMW 330i, Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vogue, FORD XR6 & RS Turbo, OPEL Monza 200iCD16V, Toyota GLi Exec, VTEC, ALFA Giulietta & GT Junior stepnose, a few mingers
The following 1 user Likes individj's post:
  • ZF Services South Africa
Awesome, will hopefully be booking the 320d soon
Current:
2014 BMW F30 330d Msport - A/T - Alpine White
2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe E86 - Black Sapphire Metallic

Previous:
1994 VW Golf Mk3 GTi -
2005 BMW 118i Black Sapphire Metallic
2008 BMW 120i M-Sport Space Grey
2011 BMW E90 LCI 320d Msport - A/T Alpine White
2006 BMW E86 Z4 3.0Si Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic  - Manual
The following 1 user Likes momo1's post:
I phoned your Germiston premises and was told you sold ZF to Bosch and that you dont do services anymore? What am I missing here?
(19-10-2020, 07:52 PM)Mister Wrote: I phoned your Germiston premises and was told you sold ZF to Bosch and that you dont do services anymore? What am I missing here?

Must be a mistake. Nico is based at the branch here in Meadowdale, Germiston
'13 E82 Coupe 135 - Weekend Toy
'03 Audi A4 2.0 - Daily
Visit our Webstore - Click Here
Instagram - Click Here
Awesome special...seriously everyone should be taking advantage off to whom this applies. You'll be doing your car a favor and yourself too.
F30 LCI 320D M Sport
[Image: avatar%20(1)_4786313497.jpg]
Guys i know this is probably not thr right place to ask this, but is their a similar service for the DCT boxes?
Current: 
335i Convertible 2011 DCT

Ex: 
135i Coupe 2012 Manual
325i Coupe 2010 Manual

Mister Wrote:I phoned your Germiston premises and was told you sold ZF to Bosch and that you dont do services anymore? What am I missing here?

No there must be a misunderstanding.  Did you maybe enquire about a ZF steering rack?  The competition commission insisted that ZF steering systems be sold before we could buy over TRW otherwise we would dominate market share in the world.  Thus only the ZF steering systems division was sold to Bosch.
I hope the above clarifies your question?

Nico Eksteen
The following 1 user Likes ZF Services South Africa's post:
  • Mister
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys at ZF C.T

Wanted to say thanks to Sandra at ZF, she helped out by making the booking and organising so that I can be helped at the last minute,she helped me out by doing a last minute booking, just after a public holiday and before the weekend

Ruan was really professional, responded to my mails quickly, and also assisted in making the last minute booking,So really wanna say thanks to him and the ZF staff.

The friendly staff accomadated me as I am not from CT so they had to take me to a local mall and come pick me up again while the gear box got serviced at the 100k mark. The tech was also very informative and took his time explaining everything to me although they had already closed up for the day.

All in all I was very happy with the service both to my gear box and the customer service they offered, I would highly recommend them!

Thanks again Ruan, keep up the good service!

PS: I know I had put this on a seperate thread, but I just had to add it here again, As humans we quick to complain when people get it wrong but we not as fast to compliment, Thanks to the team at ZF CT!
The following 1 user Likes EBZ911's post:
EBZ911 Wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give a shout out to the guys at ZF C.T

Wanted to say thanks to Sandra at ZF, she helped out by making the booking and organising so that I can be helped at the last minute,she helped me out by doing a last minute booking, just after a public holiday and before the weekend

Ruan was really professional, responded to my mails quickly, and also assisted in making the last minute booking,So really wanna say thanks to him and the ZF staff.

The friendly staff  accomadated me as I am not from CT so they had to take me to a local mall and come pick me up again while the gear box got serviced at the 100k mark. The tech was also very informative and took his time explaining everything to me although they had already closed up for the day.

All in all I was very happy with the service both to my gear box and the customer service they offered, I would highly recommend them!

Thanks again Ruan, keep up the good service!

PS: I know I had put this on a seperate thread, but I just had to add it here again, As humans we quick to complain when people get it wrong but we not as fast to compliment, Thanks to the team at ZF CT!

Thanks for the compliment, we really appreciate the time/effort you made in typing the above.  We will always serve our customers as best we can.
I will relay the message to Sandra/Ruan at our CPT branch.

Nico

Nico Eksteen
  • EBZ911
Its always great having an Advertiser who looks after the BMWFanatics Community.

Free Bump and share on homepage!
The following 1 user Likes BMWFanaticscoza's post:
  • Nella11
Hi

At what mileage or time frame should we service our gearboxes?
Current:
2015 Chevrolet Utility
2015 335i M Sport
2018 VW Polo Vivo

EX:
2014 320i M Sport
2013 320d M Sport
2006 Subaru Impreza STI - 12.5s / 257kw 508nm
2013 435i M Sport - 221kw 400nm
2011 Golf 6 GTI DSG - 12.9s / 214kw 465nm
2012 VW Jetta 6 1.4TSi
2011 Audi 2.0T Sportback
Going there this wednesday!
The following 1 user Likes 3 serious's post:
Hi - what is included in the gearbox oil service special? I would assume an oil change, is there anything else?

Thanks
Can you tell us what your mechanic shop hours/days are over December period?
I need to do this...but one driver and two cars..
Maybe I will drive down to gauteng with the e70 and then just buy a service kit for the f30 if possible?
Dees_13 Wrote:Hi

At what mileage or time frame should we service our gearboxes?

Quoted from ZF's TE-ML oil specification sheet for Passenger Car vehicles (edition 2015):

[size=1]5-, 6-, 8- and 9-speed as well as 4HP20 automatic transmissions:[/size]

ZF 5-, 6-, 8- and 9-speed as well as the ZF 4HP20 automatic transmissions are filled maintenance-free with specially developed

partially synthetic ATF oils. Maintenance-free fills are intended for normal operating conditions. Especially driving at very high

operating temperatures can result in accelerated aging or increased wear of ATF oils. It is recommended, in the event of severe

operating conditions, such as:

- frequent highway driving in top speed range,

- offensive, sporty driving style,

- frequent trailer operation,

being above average, oil purification (oil change) on automatic transmissions is recommended between 80,000 km and 120,000

km, or 8 years, depending on the load.

In each case, only released ATF oil may be used for oil changes. And oil changes must be performed in accordance with the

relevant specifications.

KGN330 Wrote:Hi - what is included in the gearbox oil service special? I would assume an oil change, is there anything else?

Thanks

Hello, we do a diagnostic on the vehicle and check the adaption values of the transmission and also the oil quality ie. smell/colour.  The service includes the oil and a new sump/filter assembly.  (the filter and the sump pan is integrated).

Mister Wrote:Can you tell us what your mechanic shop hours/days are over December period?

The whole December we will be working normal hours 8h00 - 16h00.
But will be closed on 16 December and then again from 25 December - 4 January 2021.

Nico Eksteen
  • Mister
(04-11-2020, 08:24 AM)ZF Services South Africa Wrote:
Quote:Hi - what is included in the gearbox oil service special? I would assume an oil change, is there anything else?

Thanks

Hello, we do a diagnostic on the vehicle and check the adaption values of the transmission and also the oil quality ie. smell/colour.  The service includes the oil and a new sump/filter assembly.  (the filter and the sump pan is integrated).

Thank you
I booked. PS... my E60 is a cripple handicapped special needs car :D