Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2006 BMW 330d Auto sale price
Hi guys,

So I need some advice. The injectors on my car has packed up. I am wondering what price I can ask for the car as it is now?

Thanks in advance
if it is just the injectors, then you will be better off changing them and then putting the car up for sale as a runner. Did all of them pack up simultaneously?

People have long since become wary of claims that 'its only a small fix and the car will start' (or similar) so you will have to be happy with taking significantly less (depending on how the rest of the car looks)
[Image: qEpPGPMl.png]
The following 3 users Like TurboLlew's post:
  • AshG108, Karlien Maree, Kyle
Far as I know, just the injectors. 5 out of the 6 went and to be honest I would replace the 6th one as well just to be safe. I'm pretty cash-strapped so was curious as to how much I would get for it...
The following 1 user Likes Karlien Maree's post:
  • Kyle
I assume the quote to replace them is a little more than you want to spend? I could be wrong but it would be unlikely for all of them to go at once, unless you have another issue that caused it...

As @TurboLlew has suggested, it happens quite often that mechanics will tell you one thing, and when replacing the injectors does not fix the issue, you end up chasing the rabbit down an endless hole...

If this is the 2006 non m sport in your profile, as a non runner (depending on mileage) I think you would be lucky to get 50k if the rest of the car is in great condition.

There are lots of knowledgable guys on this forum, perhaps if you post the issues you experienced someone would be able to assist with a reasonable solution?
[Image: AqLRtrb.jpg]
Current:
'10 E90 330d Exclusive

Ex:
F25 X3 2.0d ,Alfa Romeo GT 3.2F20 M135iE90 M3 Dynamic LCi, '11 BMW E90 320d MSport, '09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive, '03 BMW E46 330i Individual, '02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
The following 2 users Like Kyle's post:
  • AshG108, Karlien Maree
Yeah I actually had it at a shop for months. I at least know for sure the injectors packed up as I saw them when they were taken out... The problem here is, I paid that shop in full and in advance, and they never replaced the injectors... I'm in the process of sueing them now for that money back, but lawyer advised me it could take up to 8 months. So, I don't have the money to fix it, and I can't go another 8 months without a car. I know some guys like buying cars like these and then just putting in a V8 or something, so am hoping to find someone who wants to do that. Mileage of the car is 197 000.

Would another option be to pull the engine and sell stuff like the turbo and head separate? And then just sell the body...
Karlien Maree Wrote:Hi guys,

So I need some advice. The injectors on my car has packed up. I am wondering what price I can ask for the car as it is now?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
that would be had to say,
maybe give more information on the car, mileage, accidents, changes made, work done, services, parts changed,
what else needs to be fixed like actuators, then only can
The following 1 user Likes CliftonH's post:
  • Karlien Maree
Very sad reading about another person falling victim to thieves. Seems the frequency of these is increasing. I would avoid parting out the car. Perhaps someone else will chime in with more info... but when you say the injectors have "gone" what exactly happened to them/what was the damage?
[Image: qEpPGPMl.png]
The following 2 users Like TurboLlew's post:
  • AshG108, Karlien Maree
Mileage is at 197k
It has extras like bluetooth, electric seats, fog lights
Has a new battery
Recently replaced the (middle) pump, crank sensor, glow plugs, glow plug control module
Car is still factory
I've never been in an accident with it, and it has no bumps
I serviced it regularly, but it has been standing for a couple months now

(16-09-2020, 10:11 PM)TurboLlew Wrote: Very sad reading about another person falling victim to thieves. Seems the frequency of these is increasing. I would avoid parting out the car. Perhaps someone else will chime in with more info... but when you say the injectors have "gone" what exactly happened to them/what was the damage?
One injector basically burst open, and the other 4 basically closed up. Hope you can see in the pic attached...

Attached Files Image(s)

my advise, bite the bullet, replace the injectors and get a good deal on it,
selling as a non runner you are going to get less then half what you can if it was running, these are sort after models, strong engine, so it will sell fast, but as a non runner you are not going to get much.
The following 2 users Like CliftonH's post:
  • TurboLlew, UpNcOmiNg!
Just a thought
As a non runner with no ability to verify what is wrong with it say 20k
As a runner after spending say 10k to 18k about 80k.

It would be better to try and fix notwithstanding the challenges you face.

I shall post back as to repair costs on injectors as RODAC overhaul them at a decent price.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~ Winston Churchill

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it" (Men in Black)

The following 4 users Like Peter@AEW's post:
  • ///M Individual, Karlien Maree, Kyle, Salt
(17-09-2020, 08:03 AM)Peter@AEW Wrote: Just a thought
As a non runner with no ability to verify what is wrong with it say 20k
As a runner after spending say 10k to 18k about 80k.

It would be better to try and fix notwithstanding the challenges you face.

I shall post back as to repair costs on injectors as RODAC overhaul them at a decent price.

I agree, but I'll up the offer to R30k for the car as is.
4 doors, leather and wood, ride like I've got a horse stable under the hood.
The following 1 user Likes jcwdrop's post:
  • Karlien Maree
none runners Dont sell for much as the risk of other things being wrong is too high.

If you cash strapped, Take a loan, get new injectors, sell the car as a runner, square up your loan pocket the rest.
It would take you about 2 months (MAX) to sell the car as a runner. ( roughly as it is a desirable Engine 330d )

This is what i would do.
Just my opinion.
Present:
2001 E46 330i Touring (Facelifted)
1975 VW passat LS coupe (Resto Project toy)

Past:
2002 BMW E46 320i
2004 VW Mk1 Golf Velocity (1.4l)
2000 Honda Ballade (150i)
1975 Audi 80 (Baby 100)
1981 VW Mk1 Golf 2door Gti (2.1l Stroker)
1980 VW Mk1 Golf 2door L (1.3l)
The following 1 user Likes evnmopwr's post:
  • Karlien Maree
(16-09-2020, 09:56 PM)Karlien Maree Wrote:  I know some guys like buying cars like these and then just putting in a V8 or something, so am hoping to find someone who wants to do that. Mileage of the car is 197 000.

Would another option be to pull the engine and sell stuff like the turbo and head separate? And then just sell the body...

V8 swop in a diesel?
good advice given...if you can get it sorted by someone trustworthy then ja...if you cant you cant and youll have to sell as is and will take a knock.
tman just because the car came out of the factory as a diesel doesn't mean it must stay a diesel its whole life yes a V8 swop could be done.
CURRENT: BMW E36 M3 Coupe PROJECT...plan.. 18" EwingEquips & TURBO
CURRENT: BMW 330i individual..Arizona Sun on 19's
CURRENT: DATSUN PB210 aka BIN aka "Z" Coupe 2L on EwingEmotions
CURRENT: AUDI A5 on 20" Concavos
CURRENT: Rothmans VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
CURRENT: Repsol VFR400 NC30 PROJECT
EX: BMW 330i, BMW 330i, Range Rover 4.6 HSE Vogue, FORD XR6 & RS Turbo, OPEL Monza 200iCD16V, Toyota GLi Exec, VTEC, ALFA Giulietta & GT Junior stepnose, a few mingers
The following 1 user Likes individj's post:
  • Karlien Maree
RODAC charge R250 each for diagnosis which fee is waived if you give them the go ahead to repair.
Budget on roughly R1000 each to get them working and about R4k for the labour travelling etc.

I have a young man if you are interested to make use of his services very competent as well as honest.

He is currently busy on a 330d with injector issues.

I really wish you well.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~ Winston Churchill

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it" (Men in Black)

The following 7 users Like Peter@AEW's post:
  • ///M Individual, Dbn540i, Jeremy, Karlien Maree, Kyle, michael.joseph, SubLoaded
(17-09-2020, 05:12 PM)Peter@AEW Wrote: RODAC charge R250 each for diagnosis which fee is waived if you give them the go ahead to repair.
Budget on roughly R1000 each to get them working and about R4k for the labour travelling etc.

I have a young man if you are interested to make use of his services very competent as well as honest.

I really wish you well.

Seems like a no brainer to get it fixed then...
[Image: AqLRtrb.jpg]
Current:
'10 E90 330d Exclusive

Ex:
F25 X3 2.0d ,Alfa Romeo GT 3.2F20 M135iE90 M3 Dynamic LCi, '11 BMW E90 320d MSport, '09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive, '03 BMW E46 330i Individual, '02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
The following 4 users Like Kyle's post:
  • Dbn540i, Karlien Maree, Peter@AEW, SubLoaded
(17-09-2020, 05:12 PM)Peter@AEW Wrote: RODAC charge R250 each for diagnosis which fee is waived if you give them the go ahead to repair.

I really wish you well.

Where is he based? I'm in Richards Bay. I'm just so skeptical as I was told that they can't be repaired
Sometimes they cannot be repaired..
He is in Richards Bay and works for Caterpillar however he is competent with engines when it comes to BMW.

His name is Marko.
His cousin is on this forum.

Google RODAC and have a chat to Marko 0839993203 tell hi I asked you to call him.

The following 3 users Like Peter@AEW's post:
  • ///M Individual, Karlien Maree, Salt
Not entirely sure if you've been advised that your specific injectors can't be repaired.

I had recently replaced an injector on my ex A4 and got the remaining ones repaired/reconned.

Had no issues related to injectors, or the work that was carried out, so hopefully that can give you better peace of mind.
Current: F10 520D M Sport
Current: Audi A4 B8.5 1.8T
[Image: untitled_9152490617.jpg]
Ex: E92 325i M LCI
Ex: E90 323i Exclusive LCI
Ex: E90 320i Individual LCI
i would be keen to buy it as is, you are welcome to inbox me if you do decide to sell