The following 4 users Like CocoPops's post:
  • GHOST E90, Quintin140, rsgordini, Vexy
Given the price, I am not surprised...
Current: 2016 Volvo V60 C.C. D4 AWD Polestar
Current: 2013 Porsche Boxster (981) PDK

Ex: 2016 Mazda CX5 2.0 Active Auto
Ex: 2017 320d M-Sport Sports Auto
Ex: 2013 Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic
Ex (SO): 2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI SE Sedan (M)
Ex (SO): 2011 Ford Focus 1.8Si (M)
Ex: 2010 Audi A4 1.8 TFSI Ambition (M)
Ex: 2007 Volvo C30 2.0i (M)
Ex: 2005 Opel Astra Classic 1.6i Club (M)

[Image: 983452.png]
Costs about as much as a cayman GT4, what would you rather have?
Previously owned cars:
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 T-Spark (Navy blue and beige interior)
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 JTD 16v (Silver and beige interior)
Current:
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe (Silbergrau and Black Leather)
Loved this video thanks coco
I’ve seen Tuned RS3’s that are quicker, but mighty run nonetheless.

Would love to see a M2 CS against a M3. Should be similar given that the M2 still almost weighs as much as a M3.
The following 1 user Likes ChrisPy's post:
  • Vexy
dunno anymore  Am I the only one who is disappointed - yeah so rolling runs are good - but that pull off, I mean most races are based on a pull off, Im like so unimpressed for the money.

And then stopping - come on its the lightest one there with Carbon breaks and it comes Last !!!!!  Fencelook

(11-08-2020, 07:59 PM)TBP88 Wrote: Costs about as much as a cayman GT4, what would you rather have?

you have a point.... GT4 smile bounce
Came in expecting complete annihilation.

The CS won 1 out of 3 . hardly destroyed the 2 opponents.

Very cool car, but as per above, Id take the GT4 as well.
As much as I'm a M2 die hard fanatic I don't understand why they insist on comparing it to the A45, a fair comparison would then be a 1 series bmw... the A45 is the smallest amg there is, and for the Audi they should have gone for the RS3 considering they are going up against an AMG and CS... just my 2 cents.

M2 definitely won on looks alone!
I call her Oprah as she's a torque show
[Image: grey%20line%20m_1862707798.jpg]
Current: x3 F25 30D M Sport
Current: Mazda RX7 FD
Ex: 1 series 125i Coupe
Ex: Polo 1.9TDI Sportline (The one that got away)
The following 1 user Likes mathias's post:
  • Vexy
A45 and CLA45 are identical.

I spent the other day visiting the big german 3 dealers. The merc salesman at the canal walk AMG area must have been the most arrogant prick I've ever met. Asked me what I did, where I worked, claimed the CLA45 "wasn't really competing with the M2 because it has a 4 cyl engine that produces more power than the BMW V6"

Yes, BMW V6.

Sigh, not that I was super serious about a CLA45 given their price (the spec they had on the floor was R1.4m), but I'll never deal with that place again after that sort of treatment.

The BMW salespeople were (and always have been) really friendly and helpful to me. Even the parts side when I've ordered some small bits and bobs from them.

But ja, it's just hard to stomach. The worst is that the M2 comes in 5 colours. Orange, White, Black, Blue and Silver.

That's it.

No individual options, nothing. 5 colour choices on a R1.1m+ car...
Previously owned cars:
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 T-Spark (Navy blue and beige interior)
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 JTD 16v (Silver and beige interior)
Current:
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe (Silbergrau and Black Leather)
(11-08-2020, 10:04 PM)rsgordini Wrote: Loved this video thanks coco

Welcome bud, good too see you still around!

(12-08-2020, 07:41 AM)ChrisPy Wrote: I’ve seen Tuned RS3’s that are quicker, but mighty run nonetheless.

Would love to see a M2 CS against a M3. Should be similar given that the M2 still almost weighs as much as a M3.

I'm sure in time we will see these lined up, will be interesting.

(12-08-2020, 10:00 AM)mathias Wrote: As much as I'm a M2 die hard fanatic I don't understand why they insist on comparing it to the A45, a fair comparison would then be a 1 series bmw... the A45 is the smallest amg there is, and for the Audi they should have gone for the RS3 considering they are going up against an AMG and CS... just my 2 cents.

M2 definitely won on looks alone!

They did use the Rs3 Wink
BMW Power.

[Image: Mo-ffs.jpg]
(12-08-2020, 09:50 AM)Nukleuz Wrote: Came in expecting complete annihilation.

The CS won 1 out of 3 . hardly destroyed the 2 opponents.

Very cool car, but as per above, Id take the GT4 as well.
LOL bit of click bait there.. GT4 for me as well.

(12-08-2020, 09:24 AM)MikeR Wrote: dunno anymore  Am I the only one who is disappointed - yeah so rolling runs are good - but that pull off, I mean most races are based on a pull off, Im like so unimpressed for the money.

And then stopping - come on its the lightest one there with Carbon breaks and it comes Last !!!!!  Fencelook

(11-08-2020, 07:59 PM)TBP88 Wrote: Costs about as much as a cayman GT4, what would you rather have?

you have a point.... GT4 smile bounce
For what it's worth, carbon brakes don't always mean initial best stop. Sometimes they require a bit of heat etc, but once hot they are mega and resist fade much better (aka on track). Not saying it is that, just a different perspective.. 

GT4 any day.
BMW Power.

[Image: Mo-ffs.jpg]
Slow RS3 that. Tuned ones should run 11s comfortably. It definitely doesn't have 750 Nm.

I would still take a M2 Comp over the CS based on value and because I think it is good enough. The GT4 is special in a way the other three germans can never be, and it will probably turn out to be very collectible in future...which is sad in a way, as it should be driven hard to its oily end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk