Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bmw 320i LCI and pnp
Hello all,

I have been reading through many articles on this forum and some others regarding adding a pnp for the 320i, most relate to the n20 motor with a jb4. 

I have a 2016 320i LCI with the b48 motor. 

From what I read there are very conflicting views, some say it makes a difference, others say it's not worth it without supporting mods such as DP. 
Some say BMW can detect it and void MP others say it won't. 

This is my very first bmw, and needless to say i am craving a little more kick now. 

Anyone with personal experience that can comment if it is worth it or not to add the JB4? And whether (once removed) BMW can detect it? We all know how important the MP is on these cars, and I am 2 minded about whether to risk it or not just yet. The DP and other supporting mods will come at a later stage as I have about a year left on MP. 

Thank you!
Hi bud, my advice will be to wait until motor plan expires. I have heard the car will log operating values that can then be compared against default thresholds and they will probably only do this if something breaks and they trying to prove the car was modded. So just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Once motor plan is up get a remap and DP done for starters. A remap will be better than a plug and play.
2013 BMW 320d Manual - Titanium Silver
RK Motion

[Image: 20190726_173747%20(2)_6159939274.jpg]
(19-05-2020, 08:47 AM)///M Individual Wrote: Hi bud, my advice will be to wait until motor plan expires. I have heard the car will log operating values that can then be compared against default thresholds and they will probably only do this if something breaks and they trying to prove the car was modded. So just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Once motor plan is up get a remap and DP done for starters. A remap will be better than a plug and play.

Hey there! 

Thank you so much for the response, as much as the itch for more is there I know how expensive bmws can be out of plan. Will definitely consider waiting it out. Or trade up for 330i
The following 1 user Likes Shakes_03's post:
  • ///M Individual
(19-05-2020, 10:04 AM)Shakes_03 Wrote:
(19-05-2020, 08:47 AM)///M Individual Wrote: Hi bud, my advice will be to wait until motor plan expires. I have heard the car will log operating values that can then be compared against default thresholds and they will probably only do this if something breaks and they trying to prove the car was modded. So just not worth the risk in my opinion.

Hey there! 

Thank you so much for the response, as much as the itch for more is there I know how expensive bmws can be out of plan. Will definitely consider waiting it out. Or trade up for 330i

No problem bud. Consider going the diesel route if trading in too. More power, better economy and noted for being more reliable than the petrol motors.
2013 BMW 320d Manual - Titanium Silver
RK Motion

[Image: 20190726_173747%20(2)_6159939274.jpg]
(18-05-2020, 04:30 PM)Shakes_03 Wrote: Hello all,

I have been reading through many articles on this forum and some others regarding adding a pnp for the 320i, most relate to the n20 motor with a jb4. 

I have a 2016 320i LCI with the b48 motor. 

From what I read there are very conflicting views, some say it makes a difference, others say it's not worth it without supporting mods such as DP. 
Some say BMW can detect it and void MP others say it won't. 

This is my very first bmw, and needless to say i am craving a little more kick now. 

Anyone with personal experience that can comment if it is worth it or not to add the JB4? And whether (once removed) BMW can detect it? We all know how important the MP is on these cars, and I am 2 minded about whether to risk it or not just yet. The DP and other supporting mods will come at a later stage as I have about a year left on MP. 

Thank you!
Shakes, 

Don't even bother modding this car if you are under motorplan, AT ALL. This revision of the x20i engine has been released with more tamerproofing on the ECU and not many tuners have broken through this already. Also, even if you get to tune it, NO guarantee on it not being picked up. Either stay stock and wait for MP to finish or do it (a lot of work) and tune it and lost MP or get a motorplan approved upgrade. 

If you still need the mplan, the modding for this revision is not worth the loss of it then.
Current:
2013 EB BMW M135i F20 - Xcede Tuned - 264wkw/635wnm
2016 Ice White Hyundai ix35 R2.0 CRDi Elite -
2008 Silverbird Grey VW Polo 1.4i Trendline

Gone but never forgotten:
2011 Mercedes-Benz C250 CDi BE Avantgarde - Madness Tuned
2010 Titanium Silver BMW 320d Exclusive E90 LCi - Chiplogic Tuned
2008 Stratosgrau Stratos Grey BMW 320i Individual E90