Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Z4 E85 Guibo Worn out
Hi there, how difficult is it to replace the worn Guibo, as mine is in desperate need to get replaced.
Hi.

It depends on your DIY capabilities. (If doing brake pads is 3/10, this is a 6/10)
If you're good with a wrench, it can be done. It's a small bi*tch of a task especially if you're doing it on the floor without a lift.

Most difficult part for me was getting the exhaust out of the way. Once the exhaust is out, its not that difficult.

Have fun.
Samir, you breaking the car...
The following 1 user Likes husaindindar's post:
  • Trev24
(17-05-2020, 08:30 PM)husaindindar Wrote: Hi.

It depends on your DIY capabilities. (If doing brake pads is 3/10, this is a 6/10)
If you're good with a wrench, it can be done. It's a small bi*tch of a task especially if you're doing it on the floor without a lift.

Most difficult part for me was getting the exhaust out of the way. Once the exhaust is out, its not that difficult.

Have fun.

+1

It also helps if you have someone to go between a gear and neutral while you're under loosening/tightening as you will need to rotate the propshaft and lock it in place
Thanks for letting me know what to expect. Will have to do it without lift but I'm confident.