Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
22-03-2020, 06:48 PM,
Steering
I have a 335xi that the steering has become unbearable, I literally have to put effort in making turns now. Not sure why the steering is so stiff but I wanted to know if anyone ran into a similar issue or know how to fix it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2020, 08:49 PM,
RE: Steering
Sounds like you may have a blockage or leak.

Have you considered doing a steering fluid flush
23-03-2020, 04:31 PM,
Could be the crankshaft dampener pulley is "broken", for a better word. Check your dampener pulley carefulley for cracks around the rubber coupling as the pulley could be breaking loose from the rubber and that could cause your steering to become difficult/hard/stiff.
23-03-2020, 04:33 PM,
Sorry, should have asked if you have electrical steering or the standard power steering with steering pump, etc.
24-03-2020, 03:17 PM,
(22-03-2020, 06:48 PM)lamaralphonso Wrote: I have a 335xi that the steering has become unbearable, I literally have to put effort in making turns now. Not sure why the steering is so stiff but I wanted to know if anyone ran into a similar issue or know how to fix it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo bud, introduce yourself and your ride, share some details and pictures of it as well.

over here : https://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/forumdisplay.php?fid=16

It will generally help with getting the best feedback and quicker

for example, I'm not sure we got the xi models in SA, so some of the info might not be applicable, or that's not the car you thought it was. Is it an e90 ? e92? F-series ? these are all relevant to diagnosis.

Regards, and a warm welcome