Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I crap you not!"
Hi Guys,

Need some help here please.
There are cats in the area that frequent my property and tend to mess right in front of the entrance of the house on the lawn. This has been going on for a while now and almost every 2 to 3 days. The wifey heard that crushing pepper corns and throwing in that area would prevent it. It worked for a short while and I see today the place is messed again, 1 kg of peppers later.

Sure there is some one here that experienced similar problems and can share some home remedies to prevent the cats making this their litter box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(16-01-2020, 04:49 PM)preggyn78 Wrote: Hi Guys,

There are cats in the area that frequent my property and tend to mess right in front of the entrance of the house on the lawn. This has been going on for a while now and almost every 2 to 3 days. The wifey heard that crushing pepper corns and throwing in that area would prevent it. It worked for a short while and I see today the place is messed again, 1 kg of peppers later.

Sure there is some one here that experienced similar problems and can share some home remedies to prevent the cats making this their litter box.

Get a dog

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

[Image: signature_2082411609.jpg] - - - - - - - - - - [Image: 120d%20avatar_6603350746.jpg]
The following 8 users Like FiRi@Rennzport's post:
  • Dewald Basson, Dirtydeedsman, kickasskeegan, Kish2604, Nemo, Nick, NtandoN, The_Shift_Rsa
I had a stray cat that pissed in my house at night and ate my dogs food.

Rented a cat trap from SPCA for R50 a day. Caught the cat 1st night and took it to SPCA.

Obviously I would not recommend this approach if it's not a stray cat. Goodluck trying to keep this cat out of your house, it's impossible unless you close windows - I tried everything.

Sent on the move using Tapatalk
#NoLivesMatter
Skiet hom

Current:
M135i F20 Estoril Blue 6MT - Weekend Warrior
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport - Daily

SO:
320d F30 MSport Alpine White 8sp A/T
Gone but not forgotten:
Peugeot 207 HDi 1.6 HDi
Honda Civic Type R FN2 NHB

My Build Thread: M135i
The following 3 users Like M135i's post:
  • Dirtydeedsman, evnmopwr, Nick
(16-01-2020, 05:14 PM)FiRi@Rennzport Wrote:
(16-01-2020, 04:49 PM)preggyn78 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Get a dog

Lol... don’t wanna go that route

(16-01-2020, 05:17 PM)tman Wrote: I had a stray cat that pissed in my house at night and ate my dogs food.

Rented a cat trap from SPCA for R50 a day. Caught the cat 1st night and took it to SPCA.

Obviously I would not recommend this approach if it's not a stray cat. Goodluck trying to keep this cat out of your house, it's impossible unless you close windows - I tried everything.

Sent on the move using Tapatalk

Actually it does not enter the house but models around the house like it owns the place. It’s an enclosed area and people seem to love their cats here but it would be difficult to control or probably unfair for me to try address on the local watsapp group

(16-01-2020, 05:22 PM)M135i Wrote: Skiet hom

There will a war here if that happens. Lots of animal lovers, but I dnt wanna hurt them. Maybe that SPCA route might work.

How constructive an input.

I am sure that your company relies heavily on your analytical approach to challenges.

Shame on you!
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~ Winston Churchill

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it" (Men in Black)

The following 4 users Like Peter@AEW's post:
  • Dewald Basson, e46monk3y, Gizmo, kickasskeegan
(16-01-2020, 06:00 PM)Peter@AEW Wrote:

I am sure that your company relies heavily on your analytical approach to challenges.

Shame on you!
Lol

[Image: signature_2082411609.jpg] - - - - - - - - - - [Image: 120d%20avatar_6603350746.jpg]
(16-01-2020, 06:09 PM)FiRi@Rennzport Wrote:

Shame on you!
Lol

Eish

I hate cats - and one problem I have with them is them killing the birds I feed, so I have warned my neighbors and for a while its quite, its up to your neighbors to keep their pets away - or SPCA is the only other option
The following 1 user Likes MikeR's post:
  • 922-ZN
go the SPCA Cage rental route... it works best....

i need to make a turn there again due to some ferals causing trouble in the area/yard...

however... due to the number of ferals in your area, the spca will only keep Feral cats for a number of days ( please double check on this ) ...

the first cat i took to the SPCA, started behaving the minute i took it to the SPCA counter.... after they told me what happens with Feral cats, i took the cat home and it's been here since... that was about 6 years ago ...
The following 4 users Like Spiro's post:
  • cratix, Dewald Basson, Peter@AEW, PsyCLown
Paintball gun...had a problem with the neighbour's cat coming around an fighting with my cat. After the second 3 grand vet bill I lay in wait ..... and emptied a magazine of paintballs on the little blighter. Its NEVER been back in my yard. Seen it around but never crosses my threshold again.

I love animals but I feel you pain...... and cat crap stinks!!!
The following 1 user Likes WIDEOPN-X3's post:
  • MR_FORD
(16-01-2020, 07:36 PM)WIDEOPN-X3 Wrote: Paintball gun...had a problem with the neighbour's cat coming around an fighting with my cat. After the second 3 grand vet bill I lay in wait ..... and emptied a magazine of paintballs on the little blighter. Its NEVER been back in my yard. Seen it around but never crosses my threshold again.

I love animals but I feel you pain...... and cat crap stinks!!!

Dude you can say that again, that shit stinks like hell and the flies are insane. The smell lasts for about 3 days after cleaning up and then it messes again.

The pepper works but then gets expensive as well

[Image: img_4085_8374641342.jpg]
[Image: sig_151132616.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Nick's post:
  • Dirtydeedsman, kickasskeegan
Tell me this isn't fate.....

https://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=92453
The following 1 user Likes WIDEOPN-X3's post:
  • Nick

Shame on you!

Yup, they love my efficiency.

Ps I was kidding. I own a cat. But he's kept within our perimeter at all times and can't get out.

Agree with the paintball gun idea. Just the noise it makes will have them scattering. No need to even load the gun with balls . Just use a full gas bottle and keep pulling the trigger. No one gets physically hurt.

Current:
M135i F20 Estoril Blue 6MT - Weekend Warrior
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport - Daily

SO:
320d F30 MSport Alpine White 8sp A/T
Gone but not forgotten:
Peugeot 207 HDi 1.6 HDi
Honda Civic Type R FN2 NHB

My Build Thread: M135i
The following 1 user Likes M135i's post:
  • PsyCLown
And that cat has done it again

From my personal experience, I got a dog & let him roam in the front of the yard.

My dog hates cats, so its actually fun to see him chasing them down in the yard, although they much more quicker. #boerboelowner lol
Catch and take to SPCA, or put out cat litter boxes with some sand Rollsmile

In Aus cat's aren't allowed to roam anymore, there is awhole new market for cat containment products available now.