Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible MAF failure
Good afternoon Gents, I'm looking for advice. I own a 2013 F30 330d with 134k KM on the clock. It has only been serviced by the agents. On the highway 3 months ago i tried to accelerate to over take a slower vehicle and it felt like my car had gone into limp mode, there was no power. I first thought it was turbo related because it battled to get the revs up. On returning home my son, a diesel fuel pump technician cleaned my Air Flow Sensor (MAF) with electrical contact cleaner and on testing, the car pulled like a jet, even better than before. i put it down to the MAF being dirty. a month later the same thing, no power, clean the MAF again and off we go at speed. It has now happened a third time. My question is, could it be that the MAF is starting to fail, can they do that after a time or is there something in the motor causing the MAF to foul up? I called BMW to price a MAF, luckily I was sitting. thanking you in advance.
Did you scan the car for codes?

You are shooting in the dark if you haven't
[Image: traction-control-malfunction-automobile-...tive-5.png]

(16-01-2020, 04:03 PM)cutmanC40 Wrote: Good afternoon Gents, I'm looking for advice. I own a 2013 F30 330d with 134k KM on the clock. It has only been serviced by the agents. On the highway 3 months ago i tried to accelerate to over take a slower vehicle and it felt like my car had gone into limp mode, there was no power. I first thought it was turbo related because it battled to get the revs up. On returning home my son, a diesel fuel pump technician cleaned my Air Flow Sensor (MAF) with electrical contact cleaner and on testing, the car pulled like a jet, even better than before. i put it down to the MAF being dirty. a month later the same thing, no power, clean the MAF again and off we go at speed. It has now happened a third time. My question is, could it be that the MAF is starting to fail, can they do that after a time or is there something in the motor causing the MAF to foul up? I called BMW to price a MAF, luckily I was sitting. thanking you in advance.

Likely the MAF
Phone Diesel Electric and get a price
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~ Winston Churchill

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it" (Men in Black)