Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove m135i charge pipe? Help..
Doing some upgrading to the sleeper.
I am removing charge pipe off the m135i. Took off bottom engine cover and disconnected pipe at intercooler. Disconnected at throttle body. Disconnected all sensors etc.
Before I take half the car apart haha, what’s the quickest way to get Oem charge pipe out ?
Thanks
need to disconnect the Map sensor and disconnect the vacuum pipes that are connected to the chargepipe.

After that its a matter if wiggling till its out
Thanks. All is removed. I just can’t wiggle it out. It seems I have to either remove the intercooler or something else to get it out.
Do you take it out top ?
Nope nothing else needs to come out to remove the pipe
It can be done without removing the intercooler, however I recommend that you to take make your life easier. You could also use the opportunity to clean up the cooler. smile bounce
My answer for everything Youtube, they really have everything on there.

Search kies motorsport they have plenty how to videos
The following 1 user Likes Taran Rodrigues's post:
  • Veteran
There is also a water pipe bracket that needs to be moved out the way, remove the press clip and off you go. It is a two person job wiggling the stock pipe out.

PS. i always took it out the top...
Current: Danger Ranger
Ex E92 335i DCT

400m @ 11.516 @ 203kmh
Backed up at MSA event!
60-130mph - 8.3 seconds
Dragtimes.com

Time is the best teacher.. Unfortunately it kills all its students Bangdesk

The following 1 user Likes Kish2604's post:
  • Veteran
(11-11-2019, 01:09 PM)Kish2604 Wrote: There is also a water pipe bracket that needs to be moved out the way, remove the press clip and off you go. It is a two person job wiggling the stock pipe out.

PS. i always took it out the top...
No water pipe needs to be removed to take he chargepipe out.
I have over 30 of these without removing the water pipe.
It also doesn't require 2 people
i said bracket to be moved... not waterpipe to be removed, its a small but subtle difference....
Current: Danger Ranger
Ex E92 335i DCT

400m @ 11.516 @ 203kmh
Backed up at MSA event!
60-130mph - 8.3 seconds
Dragtimes.com

Time is the best teacher.. Unfortunately it kills all its students Bangdesk

(11-11-2019, 03:02 PM)Kish2604 Wrote: i said bracket to be moved... not waterpipe to be removed, its a small but subtle difference....

either way, water pipe or water pipe bracket its still something that doesnt need to be removed.
Hammerhead