Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INPA install
09-11-2019, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2019 04:37 PM by Solo Man.)
INPA install
Hi, would like to rebleed the brakes on my daugter in law's 2005 120d but i need Inpa to be able to do the DSC bleed simultaneously. How can i upload Inpa? I am a complete noob when it comes to loading stuff on my oldish PC but will ask one of my sons to do it for me on one of their laptops so we can access it whilst working on the brakes. I have replaced the brake fluid on her car earlier this year but when i did the clutch slave bleed some air got into the system and we re-bled some of the wheels to get the air out. Shortly afterwards (maybe two months or so after the bleed) she started complaining about the DSC light coming on and the car losing power. At first i thought that the DSC pump motor is the problem but now after having a good time thinking about it i am again going to bleed the brakes and DSC to see if that will solve the problem. Hope i am right!! Hence the need for Inpa. Advice will be much appreciated. PS. Will probably have to gear myself with the INPA info as i like to change brake fluid every two years or so and with the fact that my secondhand cars are becoming "newer secondhand" as the time goes by, they probably will be giving warning lights if bled incorrectly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: INPA install
Do you already have the software and OBDII cable?

If not I recommend you download a VM with DIS and INPA already installed. If you are a newby INPA is a bit challenging as it is unforgiving, it does not forgive a wrong button pressed whereas DIS is much better and have all the service functions available for this model car.

When you buy a cable make sure to buy the correct cable, plenty available on Ebay.

2003 E66 760Li
2002 E39M5, sold
10-11-2019, 04:07 PM
What version of Inpa has the brake bleed feature ? Is it for all models?
10-11-2019, 05:05 PM
If you already have a cable, the link below is one of the easiest ways to install INPA and a bunch of other diagnostic and coding tools:

https://www.car-auto-repair.com/mikes-ea...-10-vista/

Alternatively, just buy an OBD-II cable from Ebay which normally comes with all required software.

Nothing comes at a higher price than that which is free.

330i
The following 1 user Likes Blue Shirt's post:
444YYY
10-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I have an obd cable, as well as the dongle bluetooth thing as well as an Autel diagnostic reader. Need to install INPA on laptop and apply it to the car. Come to think of it, must check if i got the software with the cable when i bought it many moons ago in the UK off Ebay. Maybe INPA is on the cd that came with the cable?
10-11-2019, 07:27 PM
(10-11-2019 05:54 PM)Solo Man Wrote:  Thanks for all the advice. I have an obd cable, as well as the dongle bluetooth thing as well as an Autel diagnostic reader. Need to install INPA on laptop and apply it to the car. Come to think of it, must check if i got the software with the cable when i bought it many moons ago in the UK off Ebay. Maybe INPA is on the cd that came with the cable?

INPA will be on the cd that came with the cable ..

I used the video below when doing the installationThumbs

NB. I used an old laptop with Window XP (I'm not using any Virtual Machine software on my windows 10 laptop...not a fan of certain 3rd party applications)

I disconnected the laptop from the internet and also turned off the anti virus and firewall for the installation as a few files on the CD were being blocked and therefore the installation failed.

also, i didnt see any handbrake bleed option under the e46 model range...maybe the newer edition of inpa has this functionHammerhead

[Image: webp.net-compress-image (3)_4062250708.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Riaad's post:
444YYY
Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Thanks to all that have replied! Must still look for the cd. Not sure if it is here or with my son who now has the cable.

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content