[Image: twinzsig_5365414051.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2019, 03:59 AM
RE: Sorry ne....
I like the Supra but this new one is expensivedunno anymore
Find all posts by this user
16-08-2019, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2019 07:09 AM by Crash_Nemesis.)

Another comparison but on the track. Both drivers are professional drivers. The Supra driver is a Gridlife Streedmod champion and competes in Gridlife USA in a track spec Honda S2000. He also used to drive Formula 4 cars.

The M2 driver is CSCS Time Attack Champion & Global Time Attack winner, so very capable drivers.

Whether they are biased is another concern as the Supra is the new track car for the driver, but interesting to see.

[Image: m3_supercharged youtube banner 3_thin_9285988416.jpg]

CP forged pistons 87.5mm, HPF Crower titanium forged rods, ARP L19 head studs and rod bolts. Vac Motorsports oil pump internals. Vac Motorsports inconol racing valves. Vac Motorsports coated Main end and rod bearings.
Vorsteiner Custom 19” Forged Rims. Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers. Turner Motorsports Camber plates. Swaybarbarian upgraded Swarbars with endlinks front and back. Stoptech ST40 big brake kit. 3.91 diff. UUC short shift kit with DSSR. Umnitza Orion Predator LED Angel eyes. GTR Hood. CSL bumper. AC Schnitzer Carbon Fibre Mirrors. AC Schnitzer Front Brace

Current: Vac Motorsports BMW e46 M3 - BEL
ex 99' Supercharged BMW e46 323i - Wolf
ex 93' BMW e36 316i - Detox
16-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Sorry ne....
M2 > Supra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melbourne Red X3 ///M Sport

[Image: sig pic_623252484.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes r0ckf1re's post:
Dirtydeedsman
16-08-2019, 08:46 AM
(16-08-2019 07:11 AM)r0ckf1re Wrote:  M2 Comp > Supra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs

[Image: webp.net-compress-image (3)_4062250708.jpg]
16-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Supra

Blowheart
The following 1 user Likes dvst8's post:
YUBEN
16-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Supra had a kak launch TBH, well they both did.

[Image: Dkiod9r.jpg]

Current:
'11 BMW E90 320d MSport
'09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive

Ex:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual, '02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
The following 2 users Like Kyle's post:
johndoe, Nick
16-08-2019, 09:41 AM
M2 CP should kill it on a rolling run
16-08-2019, 10:04 AM
In the US both of these are near about where the new corvette will launch. I think they've been saying 65-70k USD. I'd GLADLY pay 5-10k USD extra for that over either of these, myself...Fencelook

Previously owned cars:
2003 Alfa Romeo 147 T-Spark (Navy blue and beige interior)
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 JTD 16v (Silver and beige interior)
Current:
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe (Silbergrau and Black Leather)
16-08-2019, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2019 12:22 PM by johndoe.)
(16-08-2019 08:49 AM)Kyle Wrote:  Supra had a kak launch TBH, well they both did.

Yup, watched this and thought Imagine if both cars had good drivers who knew what they were doing lol ..

(16-08-2019 10:04 AM)TBP88 Wrote:  In the US both of these are near about where the new corvette will launch. I think they've been saying 65-70k USD. I'd GLADLY pay 5-10k USD extra for that over either of these, myself...Fencelook
That new corvette Blowheart best car out there for the money!! too bad we wont see it here...
16-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Such a shame.

[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
16-08-2019, 12:39 PM
it would cost an absolute fortune here though you cant look at the US price.
It seems like his correction on that launch is terrible dunno anymore
even if that supra was twice as fast i would grab the M2

current: BMW E92 M3 (bearings could be fcukd)
The following 2 users Like individj's post:
Captain_Stealth, Nick
16-08-2019, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2019 05:26 PM by Crash_Nemesis.)
M2 comp with manual gearbox unfortunately gets walked by the A90 Supra. See the video I posted above.

M2 comp with DCT is another story. Hopefully we'll see soon enough.

Toyota have under quoted the power of the Supra. It is making way more than they claim. They've definitely tweaked the B58 engine somewhat.

[Image: m3_supercharged youtube banner 3_thin_9285988416.jpg]

CP forged pistons 87.5mm, HPF Crower titanium forged rods, ARP L19 head studs and rod bolts. Vac Motorsports oil pump internals. Vac Motorsports inconol racing valves. Vac Motorsports coated Main end and rod bearings.
Vorsteiner Custom 19” Forged Rims. Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers. Turner Motorsports Camber plates. Swaybarbarian upgraded Swarbars with endlinks front and back. Stoptech ST40 big brake kit. 3.91 diff. UUC short shift kit with DSSR. Umnitza Orion Predator LED Angel eyes. GTR Hood. CSL bumper. AC Schnitzer Carbon Fibre Mirrors. AC Schnitzer Front Brace

Current: Vac Motorsports BMW e46 M3 - BEL
ex 99' Supercharged BMW e46 323i - Wolf
ex 93' BMW e36 316i - Detox
The following 2 users Like Crash_Nemesis's post:
Nick, Twinz
16-08-2019, 09:39 PM
In that track video the supra runs away...its clearly not only that B58 engine but the overall toyota package. Praise

16-08-2019, 10:22 PM
Terrible times for both cars means track was very slippery.
Also kak drivers.

But the cp is very strong wow.
17-08-2019, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2019 09:32 PM by TurboLlew.)
I don't trust these videos these days... (even this rubbish one)... Especially Toyota after the 86 launch (have we forgotten so quickly about all their payment of journalists, sending tweaked cars and vapourware?). Go and see and feel the cars for yourself. The Supra, though based on the Z4 (and compared as such) is more like an M240i. The looks are amazing if you like jap cars. Very striking. It is almost all BMW... but the quality of plastics, leather etc... well you will have to see for yourself. It wasn't like the M stuff - more like what you get in a base 3 or 1. IMHO this is why they want you to buy the car before you even get to see it and use frankly DISGUSTING and bottom of the barrel 1980s sales tactics.

The Supra is 100K more than a brand new M2 Comp from ABM (After fanatics discount) and that does not include a motorplan... 60000km service plan... and Toyota knows JACK SHIT about what they are selling. They were not able to even generate a quote for one, confirm motorplan, confirm options, they are lying to customers about it being limited to 100 units and them never bringing any more in... Even if it was significantly better than the M2 you have to deal with Toyota and as bad as BMW can be, Toyota is going to be HORRIBLE at servicing this car.

I hope one of you can send me details of this shadowy Supra team that knows absolutely nothing about dealing with enthusiast clients and I can send you the feedback I sent to the sales person directly for you to share LMFAO.

The M2 competition pack is the car to have out of this bunch.

The 'vette ranges in price DRAMATICALLY but yes will supposedly be under 60K USD for the base variant (mid engined exotic looking thing? Count me in!!!). Imagine being able to get one of those for 1.1-1.2M here? Anyway it is a nice fantasy but the 'vette is a domestic car in the US and the BMW and Toyota prices are at that level due to taxes and shipping etc. Reality is that if the 'vette was to come to South Africa, it too would be subject to the same (if not worse) import duties and shipping and would end up being much more expensive than either M2C or Supra.

Anyway at the end of this exercise, which a few may have spotted on my social media profiles, I was pleasantly surprised to see Porsche pricing is somewhat sane by comparison and you can now extend your plan up to 15 years at reasonable cost (for what it is)... they have new track school options etc where you can ACTUALLY USE YOUR CAR... especially attractive when you live pretty much opposite Kyalami... You forget what we are conditioned to accept in terms of quality until you sit in something like a Porsche and realise it is virtually the same price as these other rapidly depreciating german things... Also some of the new entry level 911s (and certainly the GTS) are even faster, better equipped and somehow better feeling than many of the older top end versions. I am headed in that direction.

[Image: KMfGF4Zl.jpg]

[Image: rhdqRT7l.jpg]

[Image: a6STVC6l.jpg]

[Image: gsMs6k5l.jpg]

[Image: 2EPFERfl.jpg]

[Image: yvuHyfxl.jpg]

[Image: GTFEGiQl.jpg]

[Image: mS83BZRl.jpg]

[Image: IytKCIbl.jpg]

Well... here are some screenshots of my feedback...

Again... even if it was better, could you put yourself through dealing with incompetence? This sales guy was actually actively trying to help.

Auto Bavaria? Instant response, no hounding, always happy to go the extra mile.

Porsche in Sunninghill? Same - absolutely first-class sales experience

Daytona - the guy I dealt with didn't even behave anything like traditional or modern sales people. He could have been one of my mates by the end of it.

Toyota? We have the best car on the planet... this is literally better than anything under the sun. Better treat everyone like a peasant and keep it under lock and key... Oh and don't forget the 80's high pressure sales tactics... ultimately what truly pissed me off the MOST over and above not having ANY INFORMATION in writing... NOT EVEN A QUOTE! No colour swatches, no interior swatches, no brochure, relying on a garbage Z4 vs. Supra video (what an embarassment), showing videos of a customer car having the shit revved out of it in the workshop (and even then just the exhaust - good luck having these guys service your car)... No! None of that was as annoying as harrassing me to pay a deposit to 'secure' a car given all of the above and not even having a firm price. Ironically, the secure payment link they kept referring to was never sent either LOL

[Image: QbB5Zidl.jpg]

[Image: njRzDpel.jpg]

[Image: SDHQeqml.jpg]

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
The following 2 users Like TurboLlew's post:
Riaad, SubLoaded
17-08-2019, 09:37 PM

Wouldn't have expected the Supra to beat the TT RS (not sure what changes Audi made...but apparently it is slower nowSkit)

[Image: webp.net-compress-image (3)_4062250708.jpg]
18-08-2019, 09:13 AM
But, without Supra, I couldn't be a master driver BlueCry

Current: F10 520D M Sport
Current: Audi A4 B8.5 1.8T
Ex: E92 325i M LCI
Ex: E90 323i Exclusive LCI
Ex: E90 320i Individual LCI
[Image: untitled_2669864230.jpg]
18-08-2019, 12:15 PM
I always enjoy the WOW videos. Random cars thrown together and bashing it out.

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content