Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right tail light failure
14-07-2019, 02:26 PM
Right tail light failure
Greetings all. I have a 2012 F10 with a right outer tail light which just stopped working. The car tells me it's a faulty reverse light which is not true bcoz it's working. I checked all fuses in the glove compartment & truck, and they are fine. The indicator which is in the same unit as brake light is working but the brake light is just off.
Is there anything else I can do to fix this other than replacing the whole unit?[Image: b3b5d75c7f20a06143a090155299dbfb.jpg][Image: 468970eb004e3c63bb1a4f7858f49d08.jpg]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 11:56 AM
RE: Right tail light failure
I drive a 2011 F25 X3 which has this recurring problem of the left rear park light not working. It has an led for the park lights and normal globes for the flickers and brake lights. I have googled the problem which seems a common problem with the F25's. I have soldered the "dry" joint as per Youtube and have found that the problem comes back after a while. I have made a last ditch effort about two weeks ago and yesterday when i checked it it was still working. Must add that i did not drive the car much in the last two weeks and even less with the park light on. My son is currently in the UK and has picked up two of the generic pc boards that is the solution to the problem with the led's on the X3's. I am not sure if your car has a similar type of pc board that drives the led's on the ligths you have problems with but was writing this in the hope that yours might have a similar problem and that an aftermarket pc board could/might resolve the problem! Hope this info is of any help to you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content