Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e90 320d Mitsubishi Turbo Actuator Problem
12-08-2019, 11:47 AM
e90 320d Mitsubishi Turbo Actuator Problem
Hi Guys

The turbo actuator on my 320d seems to be on its way out. Is there anybody locally that repairs/ reconditions or sell replacement actuators? It's the Mitsubishi electronic actuator.

Thanks gents!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: e90 320d Mitsubishi Turbo Actuator Problem
as far as i know these units cant be repaired and they are scarce to find.

what exactly is the problem? Sometimes they required to be setup again on the flow bench and they can work however for that the turbo needs to come off..

Alternatively, you can try giving BMW a call and see if they sell those separately
12-08-2019, 12:46 PM
They can be repaired but only place i know of is in the UK. Common problem on E90's. Friend had his 320d turbo fail and was replaced under MP. Have seen the advert for repairing actuator in one of my old BMWCar mags. Will have to look see if i can find it. Optional is to google it and i am sure there will be some reference to who can repair it.
The following 1 user Likes Solo Man's post:
E-Male
12-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Thanks!

I've seen that there are about 2 places in the UK that refurb units but you have to get your unit to them and they refurb that.

Every now and then, it sort of gets sticky and then has no low down power and then after 2000 rpm comes alive..... generally occurs when you are slowing down or drive for a bit in the lower rpm range (like in slow moving traffic)...almost feels like a bit of a flat spot and then rev counter kind of hunts between 1 & 2k rpms...
When its fine, the car drives perfectly.....it is intermittent but is starting to become more frequent.

I initially suspected the MAF and replaced it with a genuine Bosch part...after 2 weeks issue seems to be back.

Are the Mitsubishi turbo units only available from BMW?
14-08-2019, 11:36 AM
I have experienced the same on my 320d. Is there a locally available alternative to the Mitsubishi units that require no extra coding etc.

2010 X3 2.0d M-SPORT
2011 320d Exclusive
18-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Try Turbo Direct as they supply the OEM turbos ie Garrett, not sure if they can also supply the Mitsu ones.
The following 1 user Likes Solo Man's post:
E-Male

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content