Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked rim advice
05-06-2019, 05:19 PM
sad Cracked rim advice
Hi drivers.

So I took my e90 in yesterday to get the wheels balanced and the gentleman came to me after a few minutes to let me know that my right side rims are cracked. I was pretty upset to say the least and now I have to do something about it. Some people are saying I should just get it welded and others are saying I have to replace it.

Now, I want to be thorough in repairing my car as I really love the thing and I drive it very quick, very often. Could I get some advice here please? Do I replace it or do I have it fixed? What is the safest, most practical option. I don't mind a new pair of aftermarket wheels so if I have to replace them, I will.

Thanks in advanceThumbs
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: Cracked rim advice
Wheel collision centre, they can check and confirm whether to replace or repair.

The following 2 users Like Dewald Basson's post:
Nick, The_Shift_Rsa
05-06-2019, 06:55 PM
(05-06-2019 06:41 PM)Dewald Basson Wrote:  Wheel collision centre, they can check and confirm whether to replace or repair.

Thanks a lot brother.
06-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Buying a new wheel is obviously the safest option, but if you choose to go with a repair then its still a safe option with nothing to worry about provided it was done correctly.

I've only ever repaired a wheel twice in Gauteng. Once with TMS in Centurion, once with Wheel Collision in Longmeadow.
DO NOT go to TMS, they royally messed up my wheels... TWICE!
Wheel Collision did a decent job, but didn't come out perfect (doubt anybody would be able to).

Current Cars:
2017 F80 M3 ZCP
1991 325iS - Henna Red, Link: http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=47188
2015 Kawasaki ZX10R 30TH Anniversary Edition... Greeeen!

Ex:
2012 Kawasaki ZX6R - Greeeen!
2011 P31 C63 - White, Link: http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=54942
06-06-2019, 09:11 AM
I would contact your nearest dealer and find out the price of a new rim just to be safe, I was surprised how cheap some of the e90 rims were from dealers, some cases cheaper to replace than repair.
The following 2 users Like bman's post:
r0ckf1re, The_Shift_Rsa
06-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Hi-tech mag repairs in alrode, they are not cheap but their work is exceptional!
The following 1 user Likes boost3d's post:
Nick
06-06-2019, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2019 09:26 AM by r0ckf1re.)
Had my 440i rims repaired (Was just a scratch) thru Minty's Sandton. I am not sure who they send the wheel to for work but it was returned looked 100%. Used them twice already and both times the workmanship was perfect.

Also used Shaheen at the wheelshop, excellent work done on a set of wheels. Once was damaged fairly badly.

Melbourne Red X3 ///M Sport

[Image: sig pic_623252484.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content