Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you being a nice person ?
16-05-2019, 12:14 PM
my perspective of life changed recently.

owning BMW's , generally we are pretty well off, see a lot of guys with new M cars strutting their stuff on the forum.

2 lil black girls (7yrs old) in our complex walks to school in the morning cause dad's fiesta broke down and he cant afford a R2000.00 repair bill.

i mention black girls because i was brought up in the apartheid "style" home in a very small town so i needed to change my mindset and start looking beyond colour...these girls dont want BLF or drive a group into the ocean or enforce BEE...they just want to make friends and play and laugh...innocence we've lost a long time ago

so i see them walking recently and told them to get in the car , and now every morning the drive with us...3 crazy girls laughing and smiling in my car every morning , taking all my cares and stress of targets and sales away.

so my question is , you're probably well off, have more than you need and chase even more every day...what have you done for somebody in your community or complex or office , when is the last time you have been sincere?

life's a motherfucker , you will never have enough, mr jones will always have more - but be nice too 1 person every day , it might be the difference in their life to make them go on just a bit longer
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 45 users Like Tjoppies's post:
444YYY, 922-ZN, AshG108, Bmw.wp, China, danieljames, danieltau, Demontec, Dewald Basson, Dirtydeedsman, dvst8, flintstone, Govi, husaindindar, Ike, Isamu22, J-Peter, jacqueh, JodyD, K0dAx, LOW BOOST, michael.joseph, miranderee, Nick, Nikhil, nsmith1, NtandoN, NuBe93n54, osiris, PLV, raks16, sash, ShaneP, shark111, Shez, Silverbird_96kw, SubLoaded, that_guy_Ettiene, TrickTrick, TS_, TurboLlew, Twinz, WIDEOPN-X3, Yulz9081, zippy320
16-05-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: are you being a nice person ?
Hey Tjopper! smile bounce

I get what you are saying.

Father Christmas visited my little guy - not that little anymore - and one of the presents was a shiny red soccer ball, excellent quality and fantastic stitching.

I like to spend my evenings and afternoons in gym, when hes with me, he brings his ball along and plays soccer in the area designated for that jumping and heaving nonsense they call 'cross fit' - Lekker boi's. dunno anymore

Anyway, last Saturday my little guy and I pop down to the gym, I am busy working on some pull downs and some triceps on the cable machine. I glance out the window to see a red ball pop over the wall and into the road.

I lose sight of the ball because of the parked cars in my line of view.

I glance down and tell little man its ok to go get his ball on his own. I can see him, but he must also watch out for cars. I look up and see a white ford ranger speed up on purpose, swerve and then hear the ball pop, it then speeds off again.

Do you know how many white ford rangers there are in my estate? 18.

In the camera footage you cant make out the license plate nor can they figure out when it entered the estate or if it belongs to any tenants etc etc.

Sure, little man could have been a bit more careful and these things do happen unfortunately. Thankfully the ball didnt hit any vehicles or cause any damage. But does that give some fu*k head the right to actively race up over the speed limit int he estate to drive over a child soccer ball?

I am finished with humanity to be honest, I have had enough of humans being the 'superior' race.
The following 1 user Likes Mc Member.'s post:
Twinz
16-05-2019, 12:50 PM
(16-05-2019 12:14 PM)Tjoppies Wrote:  my perspective of life changed recently.

owning BMW's , generally we are pretty well off, see a lot of guys with new M cars strutting their stuff on the forum.

2 lil black girls (7yrs old) in our complex walks to school in the morning cause dad's fiesta broke down and he cant afford a R2000.00 repair bill.

i mention black girls because i was brought up in the apartheid "style" home in a very small town so i needed to change my mindset and start looking beyond colour...these girls dont want BLF or drive a group into the ocean or enforce BEE...they just want to make friends and play and laugh...innocence we've lost a long time ago

so i see them walking recently and told them to get in the car , and now every morning the drive with us...3 crazy girls laughing and smiling in my car every morning , taking all my cares and stress of targets and sales away.

so my question is , you're probably well off, have more than you need and chase even more every day...what have you done for somebody in your community or complex or office , when is the last time you have been sincere?

life's a motherfucker , you will never have enough, mr jones will always have more - but be nice too 1 person every day , it might be the difference in their life to make them go on just a bit longer

You’re being a human being and helping a person out in need.

In terms of the repairs needed to the car. Is there anything that the community can help with?

Even if it’s just to help hand a spanner or a screwdriver. Happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following 4 users Like maxxis's post:
AshG108, Demontec, Tjoppies, Twinz
16-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Respect guy. its not what you have, its what you do with it... Bravo
The following 5 users Like johndoe's post:
danieltau, evnmopwr, JodyD, PLV, Twinz
16-05-2019, 01:13 PM
we're also in a bit of a financial pickle (according to our standards) but this made me realise we have way more than we need.

so after dropping them off i was just reflecting on how good we actually have life. we all have BM's , some people are better off than others and if you are , maybe just acknowledge it and know that you are blessed.
The following 11 users Like Tjoppies's post:
444YYY, AceRally, evnmopwr, FiRi@Rennzport, johndoe, K0dAx, maleven-GP, Nick, TurboLlew, Twinz, zippy320
16-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Bravo Thumbs Gud man.

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
16-05-2019, 01:17 PM
Praise

Do good, and good will happen to you..

I see daily how F&cked up this world is.

Little story about someone i know:

This guy i knew was so Rich, and had a very good heart. he would even help people out who had nothing. people he never knew would come to him needing 20k for This or that and he would right out checks like it was nothing..

The day that man lost it all, and he needed help, all those people he helped are today well off and not 1 of them helped him.

he went to 1 of the guys he helped the most. he told this guy he has nothing. his kids dont have any food to eat, he said he wasnt even asking for 20k. all he asked for was a R20 and this guy who was counting his money for his days takings at his business just said "NO", put the money into his pockets, and said "go beg sumwhere else"

today that very same, heartless man has nothing.
karma is a B!tch.

the world has lost everything that you could see in the old days..
The unity back then was PROPER!!!

your neighbour dont have bread to eat, you would half your bread you have and give them to make sure they too go to bed with full maggies..

People today are SELFISH! and prefer chasing paper..

I would rather leave a legacy of Good friends who can tell my son when he grows up," your dad was a gem of a man ", than to leave him 100million rand with no direction.

Stay Humble
The following 9 users Like evnmopwr's post:
444YYY, 922-ZN, AshG108, Bmw.wp, China, FiRi@Rennzport, Tjoppies, Twinz, WIDEOPN-X3
16-05-2019, 02:06 PM
Great post. I do feel that if you haven't touched even a single persons life in any simple small manner, you actually missed the point of life. Thumbs
The following 4 users Like yush1's post:
AshG108, Bmw.wp, johndoe, Twinz
16-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Good post. Life is unfortunately a balancing act..

I for one am one of those who will help selflessly.. Not going into too much details, but similiar family member's car broke and instead of even helping foot the bill I gave them one of my old running cars.. Papers and all..

But people take advantage of you and yes never think anyone out there will treat you the same way. Got to the point were I had to write Close family members off, force them by way of law to leave me alone and have never ever spoken to them again.

At the end of the day it is each one for themselves, nobody will help you.. Be kind but view life that way, that is my advice.

Current:
'14 F30 335i MSport Alpine White III, Coral Red, Sat Nav, iDrive touch, PDC + reverse cam, Harman Kardon, N55 230wkw | 477wnm Rogue Performance Downpipe
'16 F30 318i LCI Manual, Alpine White III, Black Leather
[Image: banner final_1261154562_8282635603.png]
[Image: m_fanatic2_8387882621.jpg]
Mods: Optic Blue Lamin-X fogs, VPS light shields, CF Splitters, Mirrors, Ducktail spoiler, Aluminium interior trim upgrades...

Retired BMWs:
'12 F30 320d
'12 F20 118i
'09 E90 LCI 320i M-Sport
'07 E90 320i Excl
'91 E30 325iS Evo I
The following 3 users Like cOlDFuSiOn's post:
Bmw.wp, Tjoppies, Twinz
16-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Good post. As you may know I've left the rat race and been busy at home and resetting myself. Now that my mind and body are "clear", I've been tackling little things one at a time. One if these is the kids toys and some of my old stuff. It is actually insane what absolute JUNK accumulates when you have kids and just how little they care about the mountains of toys.

We threw a ton of broken stuff away but a mountain of perfectly good clothes, toys and items like blankets and mattresses were left. We all think we "outgrow houses" and need bigger or better cars etc not realising we dont need it. In the few weeks I've been home the house has been transformed from mountains of clutter to a modern living space. I grew up in a home half the size of my current one so it is absurd to think we have too little space (except for cars... there is never enough for cars). All these items have gone to a local orphanage and baragwanath hospitals unit with HIV+ kids where my wife works. Had I left it up to my wife it would be hoarded for sentimental value. My kids actually literally dont care. I doubt they even have favourite toys like I did growing up (not really anyway) since they have so much. Until now I've never had the time to pay this any attention. How many of us are in the same boat? How much stuff is lying around our houses that nobody cares about that could be worth its weight in gold to someone less fortunate... or even just to a new owner?

Anyway the point of this is that everyone donates but many kids need to be exposed to an orphanage, a hospital an SPCA etc. My son has done a ton of collections before for school, the school does collections of toys etc ... but it is too clean and divorced from reality. It is a convenience. We live in a very rough country. My wife has devoted the past 11 years (working at Bara in pediatric HIV research) but as much as we have an appreciation, our kids were otherwise clueless as to what others go through daily. Literally going and seeing kids. Reading them a story, seeing those eyes. It forces you to confront the uncomfortable nature of this world. You are suddenly very aware that your R2000 Jean's and R1000 t shirt and R3000 shoes could provide alot of comfort to these kids. It isn't that you should feel ashamed or guilty... but it sure as hell makes you re evaluate many things. I have less sympathy for adults, but animals and children have not asked for this lot in life and putting them through these challenges at an early age and setting them up for a life of disappointment and failure only perpetuates cycles of poverty, suffering and abuse

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
The following 17 users Like TurboLlew's post:
AshG108, Bmw.wp, China, cOlDFuSiOn, evnmopwr, FiRi@Rennzport, Jeremy, K0dAx, maleven-GP, Nick, PLV, r0ckf1re, raks16, shark111, Tjoppies, Twinz, WIDEOPN-X3
16-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Takes me back to the charity runs we used to do, The feeling you get from helping some of these poor humans is one you cant experience in everyday life.

When we did the Uncle Charley's run i had a lump in my throat seeing all our Member pull in with boot loads of stuff to give to people you would never cross paths with.

Well done Man, those young ladies will remember your kindness one day.

[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
The following 8 users Like Nick's post:
AceRally, AshG108, Bmw.wp, cOlDFuSiOn, evnmopwr, FiRi@Rennzport, TurboLlew, Twinz
16-05-2019, 02:49 PM
(16-05-2019 02:48 PM)Nick Wrote:  Takes me back to the charity runs we used to do, The feeling you get from helping some of these poor humans is one you cant experience in everyday life.

When we did the Uncle Charley's run i had a lump in my throat seeing all our Member pull in with boot loads of stuff to give to people you would never cross paths with.

I miss the charity runs... Was a very good cause!

Current:
'14 F30 335i MSport Alpine White III, Coral Red, Sat Nav, iDrive touch, PDC + reverse cam, Harman Kardon, N55 230wkw | 477wnm Rogue Performance Downpipe
'16 F30 318i LCI Manual, Alpine White III, Black Leather
[Image: banner final_1261154562_8282635603.png]
[Image: m_fanatic2_8387882621.jpg]
Mods: Optic Blue Lamin-X fogs, VPS light shields, CF Splitters, Mirrors, Ducktail spoiler, Aluminium interior trim upgrades...

Retired BMWs:
'12 F30 320d
'12 F20 118i
'09 E90 LCI 320i M-Sport
'07 E90 320i Excl
'91 E30 325iS Evo I
The following 1 user Likes cOlDFuSiOn's post:
Twinz
16-05-2019, 02:56 PM
(16-05-2019 02:26 PM)cOlDFuSiOn Wrote:  Good post. Life is unfortunately a balancing act..

I for one am one of those who will help selflessly.. Not going into too much details, but similiar family member's car broke and instead of even helping foot the bill I gave them one of my old running cars.. Papers and all..

But people take advantage of you and yes never think anyone out there will treat you the same way. Got to the point were I had to write Close family members off, force them by way of law to leave me alone and have never ever spoken to them again.

At the end of the day it is each one for themselves, nobody will help you.. Be kind but view life that way, that is my advice.

And unfortunately this is why I say I have very little sympathy for adults, especially those who are in situations of their own making. Many who are "battling" should not be battling at all... or are only battling by their standards (eg cant buy the latest car or designer what what). As for being burnt, Been down that road as well with family and friends, especially that famous line "dont forget where you came from". Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan... they wouldn't care about me at all if not as a source of time skill or money. I dont let this stop me trying to do good or do right by people but again apart from my wife and immediate family, no money trades hands either way.

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
The following 6 users Like TurboLlew's post:
AshG108, Bmw.wp, cOlDFuSiOn, Nick, r0ckf1re, Twinz
16-05-2019, 03:01 PM
A fond memory for me. I was dating a girl that was very involved in charitable acts.

We would buy a few loaves of bread and make a ton of sandwiches.

During our Friday commute we would hand these out in the morning and afternoon. What was left over went out on Saturday morning.

It was a small cost to us and the difference it made to about 60 to 80 people was immeasurable.

The following 9 users Like maxxis's post:
AshG108, Bmw.wp, individj, Nick, PLV, shark111, Tjoppies, Twinz, WIDEOPN-X3
16-05-2019, 03:03 PM
(16-05-2019 03:01 PM)maxxis Wrote:  A fond memory for me. I was dating a girl that was very involved in charitable acts.

We would buy a few loaves of bread and make a ton of sandwiches.

During our Friday commute we would hand these out in the morning and afternoon. What was left over went out on Saturday morning.

It was a small cost to us and the difference it made to about 60 to 80 people was immeasurable.

I like to hand out the fruit I dont eat from my lunch I pack to those that dont have any on the way home.
The following 1 user Likes Mc Member.'s post:
Twinz
16-05-2019, 03:26 PM
i believe i am a good person by nature..i speed and party and im not perfect but i have a good heart..i help where i can and i leave those deeds off social media..its not for people to see..ive been burnt many times and im no pushover...i will remain kind as its the example i saw growing up and i believe the world needs kindness...selection is key sometimes though..luckily im street smart...if we all get tainted from being kind and being burnt..the world will be a shittier place...sometimes a little kindness to the right person..can change their life

current: BMW E92 M3 (bearings could be fcukd)
The following 10 users Like individj's post:
AshG108, evnmopwr, LOW BOOST, maxxis, PLV, r0ckf1re, Tjoppies, TrickTrick, TurboLlew, Twinz
16-05-2019, 03:58 PM
(16-05-2019 03:26 PM)individj Wrote:  i believe i am a good person by nature..i speed and party and im not perfect but i have a good heart..i help where i can and i leave those deeds off social media..its not for people to see..ive been burnt many times and im no pushover...i will remain kind as its the example i saw growing up and i believe the world needs kindness...selection is key sometimes though..luckily im street smart...if we all get tainted from being kind and being burnt..the world will be a shittier place...sometimes a little kindness to the right person..can change their life

Agreed..
The following 1 user Likes evnmopwr's post:
Twinz
16-05-2019, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2019 07:20 PM by NBN.)
(16-05-2019 03:58 PM)evnmopwr Wrote:  
(16-05-2019 03:26 PM)individj Wrote:  i believe i am a good person by nature..i speed and party and im not perfect but i have a good heart..i help where i can and i leave those deeds off social media..its not for people to see..ive been burnt many times and im no pushover...i will remain kind as its the example i saw growing up and i believe the world needs kindness...selection is key sometimes though..luckily im street smart...if we all get tainted from being kind and being burnt..the world will be a shittier place...sometimes a little kindness to the right person..can change their life

Agreed..

I think some things don't need to be on social media.... Be a nice person cos it makes you feel good and it's good to do good for others not because you want acknowledgement or a pat on the back... But that's just my sentiment
The following 2 users Like NBN's post:
AshG108, Twinz
16-05-2019, 08:15 PM
[/quote]
I think some things don't need to be on social media.... Be a nice person cos it makes you feel good and it's good to do good for others not because you want acknowledgement or a pat on the back... But that's just my sentiment
[/quote]

Good post and agree fully with the above. Some Celebrities set bad examples to society. Yes they do give to the less fortunate but is it from the bottom of their hearts or is it for marketing purposes?
The following 2 users Like TN003's post:
AshG108, Twinz
16-05-2019, 08:39 PM
(16-05-2019 02:48 PM)Nick Wrote:  Takes me back to the charity runs we used to do, The feeling you get from helping some of these poor humans is one you cant experience in everyday life.

All the charity runs were great thus far. My 1st event was a charity run to orphanage where I met karsh and Dewald the mountain basson. It's good to do both, charity in the open and charity behind closed doors. Well done to the OP.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

[Image: signature_2082411609.jpg] - - - - - - - - - - [Image: 120d avatar_6603350746.jpg]

[Image: bmw-official-events-signature_8286350658.jpg]
The following 4 users Like FiRi@Rennzport's post:
AshG108, Nick, TurboLlew, Twinz

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content