Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob, in need of advice
14-02-2019, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2019 09:55 AM by Boetaray.)
Noob, in need of advice
Goeie môre / Dumelang / Dipilile Umjani / Good morning

I'm in need of some advise guys. I had some bad experiences with a dealer which I will elaborate later on if need be, but here is the thing (I'll make a long story short):

I went into BMW world almost two years ago and got myself a neat E90 330d. About five months ago the car started to crank longer before starting and went in to limp mode once or twice. I took it to the dealer to get it sorted.

I went through a messy unfortunate process. My fuel pump was replaced (twice) together with a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure sensor. Three weeks ago after taking it back and forth as the symptoms were still present throughout these intermittent replacements, they told me after two weeks of diagnostics, that it was my High-Pressure fuel pump. I was told upon collection by the foreman that this was the initial problem, which means all the replacements parts above, was in vain (But paid for Thumbdown.).

I was fed up. Told them to put my old one back in and I will come and collect.

The car only starts to show the symptoms after driving in urban areas for a few days, otherwise, its good to go - gone.

So, I have been looking around for this part but find it hard to find one. Its apparently a CP4 Bosch pump, BMW charge me 21K for the pump, and after my experience, I'm very sceptical and kind of lost trust in that dealer. Do you guys know where I can find one or something closely similar? My car is fine now but just for peace of mind. I'm not even sure if it is the pump. dunno anymore

Thanks in advance.

Lastly, do you guys know an effective place where someone can log a complaint? Or maybe I should post this seperately?

Sorry for the long story. =)

Ray
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2019, 10:45 AM
RE: Noob, in need of advice
A mate of mine works at Bosch in Rustenburg, will ask him if that is a valid pump and also the cost

[Image: my m5_3866542591.jpg]
The senior King - Simply, the best!!!
You are missed.......
14-02-2019, 10:57 AM
(14-02-2019 09:52 AM)Boetaray Wrote:  Goeie môre / Dumelang / Dipilile Umjani / Good morning

I'm in need of some advise guys. I had some bad experiences with a dealer which I will elaborate later on if need be, but here is the thing (I'll make a long story short):

I went into BMW world almost two years ago and got myself a neat E90 330d. About five months ago the car started to crank longer before starting and went in to limp mode once or twice. I took it to the dealer to get it sorted.

I went through a messy unfortunate process. My fuel pump was replaced (twice) together with a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure sensor. Three weeks ago after taking it back and forth as the symptoms were still present throughout these intermittent replacements, they told me after two weeks of diagnostics, that it was my High-Pressure fuel pump. I was told upon collection by the foreman that this was the initial problem, which means all the replacements parts above, was in vain (But paid for Thumbdown.).

I was fed up. Told them to put my old one back in and I will come and collect.

The car only starts to show the symptoms after driving in urban areas for a few days, otherwise, its good to go - gone.

So, I have been looking around for this part but find it hard to find one. Its apparently a CP4 Bosch pump, BMW charge me 21K for the pump, and after my experience, I'm very sceptical and kind of lost trust in that dealer. Do you guys know where I can find one or something closely similar? My car is fine now but just for peace of mind. I'm not even sure if it is the pump. dunno anymore

Thanks in advance.

Lastly, do you guys know an effective place where someone can log a complaint? Or maybe I should post this seperately?

Sorry for the long story. =)

Ray

Throw some injector cleaner and go for a long drive while you at it, id suggest you contact Bosch SA directly , I am sure they will be at least half the price.
The power Steering pump on my E90 320d gave issues before I changed fluid, for interest sake I contacted bosch and was given a price of R3500 compared to 8k+ from stealership

Current:
2014 Alpine White F30 330d Msport - A/T
2006 Black Sapphire Metallic E86 Z4 3.0Si Coupe - Manual

Previous:
1994 VW Golf Mk3 GTi
2005 BMW 118i Black Sapphire Metallic
2008 BMW 120i M-Sport Space Grey
2011 Alpine White E90 LCI 320d Msport - A/T
14-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Thanks for you replies guys. Much appreciated!

Will do and observe.

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content