Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These Feeler for sale threads make me sooo kwaad
13-02-2019, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2019 10:51 AM by ChefDJ.)
These Feeler for sale threads make me sooo kwaad
What on earth is the point?

Either sell the damn thing or don't, If you are only trying to see if you are going to get
the silly price you are asking for "your baby ", put it on gumtree.

Hammerhead

[Image: complainers-gonna.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
The following 7 users Like Nukleuz's post:
444YYY, DoctorJ, dvst8, Kimeran, Nikhil, RoddieJ, vans
13-02-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: These Feeler for sale threads
This must've really affected you, since you felt the need to create a thread for your 'rant'.. Luckily this forum isn't owned by you, so you can't tell people what they can, or can't do.. You do complain a lot though Fencelook

Just scroll on by, which is what I should be doing instead of responding here. Biglol

Current:

03' BMW 330i Sport (M) - Alpine White III

Exes:
10' BMW 335i Motorsport (A) - Alpine White III
02' Audi A4 1.9TDI (M) - Crystal Blue Metallic

[Image: dsc_2696_9297329336_5231673726.jpg]
The following 3 users Like KPM_330's post:
Mia225, MR_Y, NBN
13-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Feeler's are good, the purpose is for the forum to provide realistic feedback on the car's price etc.

His : E92 325i
Hers : F20 M140i
The following 1 user Likes IWannaGoFast's post:
Technician
13-02-2019, 05:52 PM
(13-02-2019 04:28 PM)Nukleuz Wrote:  What on earth is the point?

Either sell the damn thing or don't, If you are only trying to see if you are going to get
the silly price you are asking for "your baby ", put it on gumtree.

Hammerhead

A feeler is foreplay before the actual sale...
Blowheart
The following 1 user Likes MR_Y's post:
Thami4u
13-02-2019, 07:15 PM
omg waiting

/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\
My thread - sold

Click here to view the network of forums hosted by TheFanatics.co.za | Click here to find out more about advertising on our network of forums | Click here for a list of our current advertisers | Click here for the forum rules and guidelines | Click here and check your region for any past and upcoming events and get-togethers | Click here to find out how to gain ///Member status
13-02-2019, 08:16 PM
(13-02-2019 04:35 PM)KPM_330 Wrote:  This must've really affected you, since you felt the need to create a thread for your 'rant'.. Luckily this forum isn't owned by you, so you can't tell people what they can, or can't do.. You do complain a lot though Fencelook

Just scroll on by, which is what I should be doing instead of responding here. Biglol

Agree with this, although it has been an issue on the interwebz forever... People don't seem to understand that if you own something, you can do whatever you want with it... Paint it pink, advertise it for R1M, your business...

Whether it sells or not does not impact you at all, and most of the time it's the people who have no intention or interest in buying the item that have the most to say.

Just my 2c...

[Image: xbCHgH1.jpg]
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual
'09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive

Ex:
'02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
The following 1 user Likes Kyle's post:
922-ZN
13-02-2019, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2019 08:23 PM by QikNish.)
I agree with the OP. Case in point is the Feeler For Sale thread of a M3 on at the moment. Asking for offers. Hardly any info. No pics. Don't call. What's the point of that thread????? Is it not just a for sale thread with arrogance? Create a WhatsApp group if you only expect who know you and your car to respond.

To me it's just a way to dodge the rules of the forum regarding posting something for sale.

[Image: mysig.jpg]
The following 3 users Like QikNish's post:
Kimeran, Thami4u, vans
13-02-2019, 08:50 PM
There is a place for feelers and gauging interest and testing the market but we should lookout for those that want to dodge forum rules.

Personally, when it comes to a Bmw and you put out feelers you just creating unnecessary expections in a dedicated brand market.

[Image: twinzsig_5365414051.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2019, 06:46 AM
These Feeler for sale threads
I’m also totally confused with this “feeler sale” thingy....

As an interested potential buyer you don’t know whether to contact the person and get your hopes up.....Because the seller might not actually want to sell the car....

Or.....Does one have to make the trip to see the car then try to convince/beg the seller to part with his vehicle?

Had an experience with a feeler advert on the forum some time back, had my sons expectations and excitement levels on high as it was a potential purchase for him....only for the seller to have a nonchalant attitude towards potential buyers...needless to say I didn’t pursue the vehicle any further....funny part is it was advertised on gumtree not too long after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

=) VANS
The following 2 users Like vans's post:
444YYY, Thami4u
14-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Considering the noise made in for sale threads pertaining to the asking price, perhaps the point of a "feeler" is obtain a "market" valuation of one's vehicle.

To be fair there is a usually a discrepancy between the value an owner places on his/her vehicle vs a realistic selling price.
14-02-2019, 08:29 AM
If it says "feeler" in the subject line, and you're strongly against it, just scroll on by.

In my view, feelers do have a place, perhaps the "seller" is considering selling to get into something else and is uncertain whether there will be enough interest in his / her vehicle to fully commit to a sale / purchase.

Probably also used when poor trade is offered by a dealer, We Buy Cars now offer well below trade for even the best examples.
14-02-2019, 08:40 AM
(13-02-2019 04:35 PM)KPM_330 Wrote:  This must've really affected you, since you felt the need to create a thread for your 'rant'.. Luckily this forum isn't owned by you, so you can't tell people what they can, or can't do.. You do complain a lot though Fencelook

I wish it was owned by me, We wouldnt have stupid "feeler" threads ( and these massive non uniform signatures, but thats a story for a differnet day ).
I like to think the forum is full of compos mentis adults. So what on earth is the point of a feeler thread. If you want to see if you will get your ridiculous price for your car that you think is "one of a kind" , put it up for sale. Follow the forum rules, post pictures , details and the price and see. This bullshit of posting 1 photo and letting the forum members tell you what they think its worth or how quickly they think its going to sell is absurd.

Also, I complain because stupid people irritate me.

(13-02-2019 08:16 PM)Kyle Wrote:  Agree with this, although it has been an issue on the interwebz forever... People don't seem to understand that if you own something, you can do whatever you want with it... Paint it pink, advertise it for R1M, your business...

Whether it sells or not does not impact you at all, and most of the time it's the people who have no intention or interest in buying the item that have the most to say.

Just my 2c...

I agree, if its yours, you may do with it what you like. How ever, this forums belongs to the community, so you cannot do what you wish when you wish with regards to threads and posts. So your 2c is actually worth 0c.
The following 5 users Like Nukleuz's post:
Kyle, Nick, nsmith1, Thami4u, Woodies
14-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Feelers are there is gauge interest and to make sure your price is accurate.
So you dont post a sale and you get guys saying " way to much boet" OR " are you high?"

[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Nick's post:
GoCart, johndoe, Technician
14-02-2019, 10:34 AM
These Feeler for sale threads
I posted a 'feeler' thread and 2 days later car was sold. The 'feeler' never even graduated to 'for sale'

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes peanut125i's post:
Nick
14-02-2019, 10:40 AM
The feeler anchors the reader regarding the price. Very cunning, actually.
The following 1 user Likes Z4Guy's post:
444YYY
14-02-2019, 10:42 AM
(14-02-2019 08:40 AM)Nukleuz Wrote:  

I wish it was owned by me, We wouldnt have stupid "feeler" threads ( and these massive non uniform signatures, but thats a story for a differnet day ).
I like to think the forum is full of compos mentis adults. So what on earth is the point of a feeler thread. If you want to see if you will get your ridiculous price for your car that you think is "one of a kind" , put it up for sale. Follow the forum rules, post pictures , details and the price and see. This bullshit of posting 1 photo and letting the forum members tell you what they think its worth or how quickly they think its going to sell is absurd.

Also, I complain because stupid people irritate me.

(13-02-2019 08:16 PM)Kyle Wrote:  Agree with this, although it has been an issue on the interwebz forever... People don't seem to understand that if you own something, you can do whatever you want with it... Paint it pink, advertise it for R1M, your business...

Just my 2c...

I agree, if its yours, you may do with it what you like. How ever, this forums belongs to the community, so you cannot do what you wish when you wish with regards to threads and posts. So your 2c is actually worth 0c.

Interested in learning which forum rules are being broken exactly?

[Image: xbCHgH1.jpg]
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual
'09 BMW E90 320i Exclusive

Ex:
'02 BMW E39 525i Individual, '06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon, '03 S3 8L, '11 A3 1.6TDi, '70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port '00 A4 2.4 V6, '09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T, 2013 Vivo Gran Turismo, E36 M3 Coupe, E46 320i Individual MSport, '98 Civic V Tec, E36 318is Msport, E30 318i Coupe,GOLF MK1 GT
14-02-2019, 10:44 AM
I complain because stupid people irritate me.

Rofl best thing iv read today!

[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Nick's post:
Jeremy.d
14-02-2019, 10:52 AM
RE: These Feeler for sale threads make me sooo kwaad
(14-02-2019 08:40 AM)Nukleuz Wrote:  How ever, this forums belongs to the community, so you cannot do what you wish when you wish with regards to threads and posts.

I can.

I hope you like your new status.

Also your thread title changed.

Also your first post now contains a meme placed by me.

Don't tell ME what I CAN or CAN'T do around here smile bounce

/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\
My thread - sold

Click here to view the network of forums hosted by TheFanatics.co.za | Click here to find out more about advertising on our network of forums | Click here for a list of our current advertisers | Click here for the forum rules and guidelines | Click here and check your region for any past and upcoming events and get-togethers | Click here to find out how to gain ///Member status
The following 1 user Likes ChefDJ's post:
SubLoaded
14-02-2019, 11:02 AM
boeth?
14-02-2019, 11:02 AM
(13-02-2019 08:22 PM)QikNish Wrote:  I agree with the OP. Case in point is the Feeler For Sale thread of a M3 on at the moment. Asking for offers. Hardly any info. No pics. Don't call. What's the point of that thread????? Is it not just a for sale thread with arrogance? Create a WhatsApp group if you only expect who know you and your car to respond.

To me it's just a way to dodge the rules of the forum regarding posting something for sale.

You are spot ON!

Current: 2006 e46 M3 SMG
Current: 2014 f25 X3 20d xDrive
Ex: 2015 e84 X1 sDrive20d
Ex: 2008 e81 130i MSport
Ex: 2004 e46 318ti Compact
[Image: 130i (2)_6017473204.jpg]
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content