Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
06-01-2019, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2019 08:15 PM by xpack.)
E60 530i
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2007 530i m sport that was advertised on the forum. A little back story, against all advice i still paid more than retail on this car as it was in really good condition, at the time of purchasing it had 118k on the clock, few items had been done by the previous owner like bonnet shocks, belt tentioners, valve cover gasket, plugs, gearbox oil, sleeve and gasket but not the filter.

In the short 3 weeks or so of ownership i first took the car to zf to be checked out, their report said the clutch packs etc are all in good condition and the oil was indeed new, they advised to come back in 30k to do the service and change the filter.. im still uneasy on this one and will most likely do it much sooner.

Thereafter i did all four discs (meyle) and pads (trw) sensors from bmw, Brake fluid flush (fluid bmw), oil and filter(bmw), airfilter (meyle), cabin filter (goldwagen) Imcomex sold me liqui moly fluid as the chf replacement for the ps which im yet to do as im still looking for advice if its safe to use.

Where i stand now, my dad used the car to dbn this past week and had a consumption of 8.0 at halfway and 7.6 at destination given that he was always below the speed limit. However driving shorter distances the needle really moves abit too fast for driving conditions.. considering getting the air filter from bmw to see if that helps as i did have a similar consumption issue on another car due to running no filter at all for a short distance.. i could be wrong though.

Next would be the ps fluid change, car takes chf fluid, would the liqui moly be safe as it does state chf replacement? Or should i just find the green chf can?

Il leave off there for the moment.

This is my first bmw coming from a history of fords so im used to diy most of my service items, although advice from you guys with experience will always be a massive helping hand. Il update this thread as i progress on the car.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: E60 530i
Need pics, brother.

06-01-2019, 10:07 PM
RE: E60 530i
Provided the liqui moly meets the bmw std, you’re good.

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Current Rides
2007 530d MSport (DP, 76mm exhaust, RK Motion tune, OEM M6 wheels)
2012 X1 2.0D MSport
1996 200 Si Camry
[Image: photo from sashchern_5592516823.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content