Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Crisis
14-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Water Crisis
I guess this is more for Capetonians than anyone else - BUT anyone opinion will matter Always

But my question is What happened to Water restrictions - the campaigns - the advertisements on every corner

I guess all those protesting all down for nothing - but all Cape Town home owners gonna get a Massive Freight for their Water BILL / rates saying there is standard additional fee to pay before they can use their water

Any thoughts? or cause it rained a few days now all that water problem is water under the Bridge??

SkitSkit

Don't send a sheep to do a Wolf's Job - BMW FOR LIFE

Currently : - E30 - Good Looking 318R - Fully modified for SUNDAY Driving
Currently : - X1 2.0D SDrive
[Image: aseezwp1_8294956646.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2018, 06:01 AM
RE: Water Crisis
dunno anymore we will never know the full story but I can only imagine those rates hikes are to possibly to assist with building new infrastructure to increase the water storage facilities.
Or maybe its a slap on the hand for not adhering to the call for water usage reductions in time.
But I agree why stop the campaigns as this problem is not going to go away but rather become worse in the foreseeable future.

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
15-06-2018, 06:47 AM
In agreement. The level B restrictions should be lifted (want to wash my car again) but the Save Water campaign should continue indefinitely. We have learnt alot about water saving survival techniques.

[Image: img-20180129-wa0034_223902789.jpg]
15-06-2018, 07:08 AM
I too would like too wash my car again. Cry

15-06-2018, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2018 11:47 PM by As-Eez.)
And now that Eskom decided to freeze all increases - their staff decided lets do Sabatoage and strike and now we getting load shedding

I agree we need to pay for the enhancments - but in the same breath why punish the ppl when the real mistakes for the water problem is not with the ppl alone but with the mis-management of the situation - as we know about the water shortage LONG time ago.

What is it with the higher powers to wake up so late and then decide we need to do something but the ppl must pay

ragerageBlueCrydunno anymore

Oh while i am ranting there Petrol price is gonna increase another 32 cents - as if it was not enough - and all this cause the rand weakend cause of the start of load shedding

Don't send a sheep to do a Wolf's Job - BMW FOR LIFE

Currently : - E30 - Good Looking 318R - Fully modified for SUNDAY Driving
Currently : - X1 2.0D SDrive
[Image: aseezwp1_8294956646.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content