[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Full Throttle insolvent
Apparently the owner was a heavy drug user

[Image: Robert_Drake_Earth-30847_0005_zpse5gc93ss.gif]

Current:
His : Alpine White 335i Msports Pack(Manuaaaaal)
Her's : Audi A4 B8 1.8T Ambition

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
2010 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Attraction
2011 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Ambition
01-06-2018, 12:29 PM
(01-06-2018 12:22 PM)Iceman12596 Wrote:  Apparently the owner was a heavy drug user

You'd be surprised at how many private companies (that you think should be doing really well) have owners (or management) on drugs, in debt to organised crime or otherwise gambling. Many stories out there.

Sad for the staff.

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
The following 2 users Like TurboLlew's post:
SubLoaded, Thami4u
01-06-2018, 12:35 PM
(01-06-2018 12:29 PM)TurboLlew Wrote:  
(01-06-2018 12:22 PM)Iceman12596 Wrote:  Apparently the owner was a heavy drug user

You'd be surprised at how many private companies (that you think should be doing really well) have owners (or management) on drugs, in debt to organised crime or otherwise gambling. Many stories out there.

Sad for the staff.

Agree yea, lots of my mates who are bikers are sad but i feel for the staff not fair on them, they down the road from me so will take a drive past and go down memory lane

Current:

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
01-06-2018, 01:28 PM
I think with all the bike shops selling their own gear and and places like Bike Tyre Warehouse, it was a matter of time.

01-06-2018, 01:38 PM
ThumbdownThumbdownThumbdown Its sad that he went all pare shaped, if he had pulled in other people into the business it might not have gone like this and he could have still made enough money.

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
The following 1 user Likes MikeR's post:
Nick
01-06-2018, 02:19 PM
I remember when the first shop opened in Edenvale, he had some awesome toys... used to be an Audi R8, etc etc.

Seemed to be such a good business model... but then prices started getting inflated, and was less of a bargain to go there...

Sad to hear!
01-06-2018, 02:25 PM
(01-06-2018 02:19 PM)PLV Wrote:  I remember when the first shop opened in Edenvale, he had some awesome toys... used to be an Audi R8, etc etc.

Seemed to be such a good business model... but then prices started getting inflated, and was less of a bargain to go there...

Sad to hear!

Coke is not as cheap as R16.45

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~ Winston Churchill
The following 2 users Like Peter@AEW's post:
johndoe, PLV
01-06-2018, 02:27 PM
(01-06-2018 02:25 PM)Peter@AEW Wrote:  
(01-06-2018 02:19 PM)PLV Wrote:  I remember when the first shop opened in Edenvale, he had some awesome toys... used to be an Audi R8, etc etc.

Sad to hear!

Coke is not as cheap as R16.45

coke in the can, not in the gram LOL

Current:

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
01-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Which branch is noted as closed?
Is this the one that moved from beyers naude to witkoppen?
01-06-2018, 04:00 PM

Thats a pretty serious accusation there, do you have anything to back it up? Sounds like Huisgenoot story to me without facts.

330d E90 LCI DP & SW
2.0d F25 X3 - Hers

320d E90 LCI - Ex
328i E46 - Ex

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
#NoLivesMatter

01-06-2018, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2018 08:49 PM by Iceman12596.)
(01-06-2018 04:00 PM)tman Wrote:  

Thats a pretty serious accusation there, do you have anything to back it up? Sounds like Huisgenoot story to me without facts.

Bud when you have as many biker friends as i do who spend in excess of 20K a pop at those stores they become good friends with the owner, people talk, notice the word apparently in my first statement smile bounce

(01-06-2018 03:48 PM)Ash777 Wrote:  Which branch is noted as closed?
Is this the one that moved from beyers naude to witkoppen?

Edenvale one bud, drove past there this afternoon and its definately close same notice on the window as the one on here

Current:

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
The following 1 user Likes Iceman12596's post:
Nick
03-06-2018, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 10:09 AM by polly.)
Full Throttle insolvent
I remember going there only once, about 10 yrs back.
Firstly I found his prices a bit over the top with no room to negotiate. I walked in there with intention of spending a lot of money, cause I was shopping for a whole new range of kit, helmet, etc for my Brother and myself. (Usually I do this once every 5yrs to get the latest tech stuff). They told me point blank, no discounts.
The second problem that I had, was the service. They gave me the impression that because I am Indian I know nothing about biking. I just got that vibe from the salesman.
I just walked out and went to a bmw dealer.

I recently experience a similar thing with moto mate. I did the same thing and walked out. I rode to a place called guts and gas. Here the service and welcome was top notch. The guys made me feel at home, giving me excellent prices, chatting, explaining pro and cons of different brands, etc, etc. It was such a beautiful and welcoming experience. So obviously I dropped a shit load of cash at that store.

Another bike store that i experienced great service is fire it up.

I feel that because we have a wide variety of stores we can choose from, I will never spend a cent of my money with stores that have "attitude".

Good riddens to them. They probably f the suppliers and pocketed a good few bars.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The following 7 users Like polly's post:
FiRi@Rennzport, husaindindar, Iceman12596, Nick, sash, SubLoaded, TurboLlew
03-06-2018, 11:21 AM
When i got my bike i went to the store in edenvale, dropped 10k on a helmet and a jacket, (10k might not be a lot to some of you but it is to me) Once i had paid i asked the sales guy if i had any issues with the gear can i bring it back?

He flat out said, once you walk out the door, its not our problem anymore....

The following 2 users Like Nick's post:
FiRi@Rennzport, TurboLlew
03-06-2018, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 06:09 PM by TurboLlew.)
(03-06-2018 11:21 AM)Nick Wrote:  When i got my bike i went to the store in edenvale, dropped 10k on a helmet and a jacket, (10k might not be a lot to some of you but it is to me) Once i had paid i asked the sales guy if i had any issues with the gear can i bring it back?

Thumbdown If someone told me that, I would just walk out and leave the stuff there on the counter. Same as places that give you a 3/6/12 month warranty when the brand carries far better overseas (parallel/grey imports). Better to spend a bit more at a place that won't give you uphill when things go south.

(03-06-2018 10:07 AM)polly Wrote:  ...They gave me the impression that because I am Indian I know nothing about biking. I just got that vibe from the salesman....

This pisses me off so much because I've experienced it firsthand so many times in so many different contexts over the years... if not racially based then its an assumption on what you can afford dunno anymore

Again though, not worth a fight IMHO - just walk out. Plenty of other places will treat you properly and you won't have to fight to spend your own money.

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
The following 2 users Like TurboLlew's post:
Nick, polly
03-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Don’t think it’s who you are. Think it’s who the shop is. I walked into a Mercedes dealership with a friend to purchase a new viano. We were mostly ignored.
Half a hour later we left. Went to a Vw dealership and my mate bought a caravelle within 10 minutes. His wife had many years good service from the Vw. He has since bought 3 more vag products.
Guess Mercedes Canal walk will never know how much business they lost haha.
The following 1 user Likes Veteran's post:
Nick
03-06-2018, 08:31 PM
That is not how you do this.

Your payroll comes first.

Hope the staff tear him a new one...

(01-06-2018 12:14 PM)Nick Wrote:  [Image: 111_7075633844.jpg]

I will be on the other side if anybody needs me Bluebiggrin
03-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Full Throttle insolvent
(03-06-2018 06:04 PM)TurboLlew Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 11:21 AM)Nick Wrote:  When i got my bike i went to the store in edenvale, dropped 10k on a helmet and a jacket, (10k might not be a lot to some of you but it is to me) Once i had paid i asked the sales guy if i had any issues with the gear can i bring it back?

Thumbdown If someone told me that, I would just walk out and leave the stuff there on the counter. Same as places that give you a 3/6/12 month warranty when the brand carries far better overseas (parallel/grey imports). Better to spend a bit more at a place that won't give you uphill when things go south.

(03-06-2018 10:07 AM)polly Wrote:  ...They gave me the impression that because I am Indian I know nothing about biking. I just got that vibe from the salesman....

This pisses me off so much because I've experienced it firsthand so many times in so many different contexts over the years... if not racially based then its an assumption on what you can afford dunno anymore

Again though, not worth a fight IMHO - just walk out. Plenty of other places will treat you properly and you won't have to fight to spend your own money.

Yip totally not worth a fight but definitely a terrible display of customer service. Just two weeks back, the wife and I walked in Bmw Clearwater as we needed to trade her car in. Now I must admit, I wear a suit everyday so my weekends consist of shorts and baggy T-shirt. Madame liked the new x3, the spec on the floor was top notch. The oke approached as I looked at the car and said it’s 1m, hinting either i could not read or that I couldn’t afford the car- he then pointed to the back and said i should go look at demo section. I graciously accepted the challenge - walked away and got someone else to help me. We ended up buying the car and I made it very clear to the dealer principal that his sales folk should never judge a book by its cover especially given that their income is derived from the sale.......

It seriously pisses me off when you cough up soo much money and you get sub standard service based on preconceived notions.
The following 6 users Like reid26's post:
Iceman12596, naja335i, Nick, sash, SubLoaded, that_guy_Ettiene
03-06-2018, 09:35 PM
(03-06-2018 09:07 PM)reid26 Wrote:  
(03-06-2018 06:04 PM)TurboLlew Wrote:  

Yip totally not worth a fight but definitely a terrible display of customer service. Just two weeks back, the wife and I walked in Bmw Clearwater as we needed to trade her car in. Now I must admit, I wear a suit everyday so my weekends consist of shorts and baggy T-shirt. Madame liked the new x3, the spec on the floor was top notch. The oke approached as I looked at the car and said it’s 1m, hinting either i could not read or that I couldn’t afford the car- he then pointed to the back and said i should go look at demo section. I graciously accepted the challenge - walked away and got someone else to help me. We ended up buying the car and I made it very clear to the dealer principal that his sales folk should never judge a book by its cover especially given that their income is derived from the sale.......

It seriously pisses me off when you cough up soo much money and you get sub standard service based on preconceived notions.

I have a similar story to share.

My uncle walked into a Mercedes dealership 2 years back. The car he wanted had a waiting period but there was one available on the floor. He also a baggy t shirt and shorts kind of guy on a weekendBiglol

Salesperson calls out the price, and smirks. Uncle asks for a better deal and the salepersons shrugs him off. Guess he felt like an ass when my uncle picked up the car that Tuesday as it was a cash deal that was over a bar. He received help from somebody else.

My personal story was when I walked pass a boutique store last year. I saw a tie that I liked. I walked in and told the salesman please I want that tie. He in turn says that tie is R900. My reply, I didn't ask the f in price, I said please can i have that tie. dunno anymore never judge a book by its cover.

Current Cars.

1982 Ford Granada 3.0 GLE
1996 VR6 Jetta Auto
1999 E39 540i Manual Thumbs
2011 ML 350 CDI Avantgarde
2011 1.4 Chev Utility

Ex Cars.

1988 Ford Sierra XR6
1991 Ford Sapphire 3.0 GLX
1995 VW Caravelle 2.6i
1994 Ford Telstar 2.0
2003 Mercedes Benz C270 CDI
2003 E46 BMW 318i
2007 Opel Corsa 1.4i
The following 1 user Likes Dbn540i's post:
naja335i
03-06-2018, 09:47 PM
Coming back to the Full Throttle story.

So what happens to all the stock in there?
Do they let it go at clearance prices to cover expenses?
Does it go on auction to public maybe?

Can we benefit from it somehow?

I need to get bike gear for myself and would appreciate some dead cost prices!

Samir, you breaking the car...
The following 1 user Likes husaindindar's post:
Ashy Boi

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content