Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 Packages: Reputable agents
09-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone

Several moving parts have aligned allowing my wife and I to attend the German GP this year.

I wanted to do the Sela Brokers client tour which I thought was great value (which includes Ferrari factory, Tubi Style factory, tour of various facilities around Italy etc) but couldn't make it happen timing wise.

The only place which has bothered to get back to me is f1grandprixtours.co.za

I don't just want to pay the going rate from this single place on one hand and I don't really know of anyone who has done what we want to do. Other travel agents haven't even bothered it seems. The reason I don't want to just book flights and buy tickets seperately is because the tour packages I've seen overseas often include extras like pit walkthroughs and guides, translators etc.

I need someone who can manage the entire travel 'story' end to end.

Any help or pointers appreciated!

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes TurboLlew's post:
r0ckf1re
09-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Ooooo I'm so jealous!
I can't comment on your query but have a great time and take pics for us poor sods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:
M135i F20 Estoril Blue 6MT - Weekend Warrior
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport - Daily

SO:
320d F30 MSport Alpine White 8sp A/T
Gone but not forgotten:
Peugeot 207 HDi 1.6 HDi
Honda Civic Type R FN2 NHB

My Build Thread: M135i
10-05-2018, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2018 08:47 AM by r0ckf1re.)
RE: F1 Packages: Reputable agents
(09-05-2018 08:26 PM)TurboLlew Wrote:  Hi everyone

Several moving parts have aligned allowing my wife and I to attend the German GP this year.

I wanted to do the Sela Brokers client tour which I thought was great value (which includes Ferrari factory, Tubi Style factory, tour of various facilities around Italy etc) but couldn't make it happen timing wise.

The only place which has bothered to get back to me is f1grandprixtours.co.za

I don't just want to pay the going rate from this single place on one hand and I don't really know of anyone who has done what we want to do. Other travel agents haven't even bothered it seems. The reason I don't want to just book flights and buy tickets seperately is because the tour packages I've seen overseas often include extras like pit walkthroughs and guides, translators etc.

I need someone who can manage the entire travel 'story' end to end.

Any help or pointers appreciated!

Hey Llew, I am going for the F1 in Abu Dhabi. I got pricing from Pentravel and it was about 3 if not 4 times more than what it cost me.

As for the tickets, this is what it entails.

Super Thursday | Family Friday | Quali Saturday | Race Day Sunday
Pit Lane Walk | F1 | F2 | GP3 Practice, Qualifying & Race
General Admission Access to Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Concerts

I am not sure about the German F1 but perhaps there is something Similar.

I think the saving you would make is worth going about booking it yourself.
If you keen on finding out what a Travel Agent will cost, and what they have to offer, let me know and I can put you onto my Agent, she has arranged many of my trips. Send me a PM, ill put you in contact with her.

Melbourne Red X3 ///M Sport

[Image: sig pic_623252484.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes r0ckf1re's post:
TurboLlew
10-05-2018, 09:12 AM
The various host cities are really quite geared up to host the races and imo it should be relatively easy to buy your tickets and arrange your transport once at your destination. As mentioned the various local tour operators do add almost ludicrous mark ups on the prices.

Did the Malaysian gp a couple years back, took a taxi from the hotel to the circuit. Went to a ticket office at the track, various options on offer. Race over taxi back to hotel.

Had no issues apart from the almost 100% humidity index...

You do pay slight premiums due to the influx of visitors but if you keep your wits about you, should save you plenty.

Was anxious about "winging it" as opposed to the comfort of a pre booked tour but had zero issues and would not hesitate doing it again.

Hope you get sorted and enjoy the trip...Thumbs

/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\
The following 2 users Like WyKiD's post:
r0ckf1re, TurboLlew
10-05-2018, 12:58 PM
I used Edusport last year when I went for the Malaysian GP, which was the last one they would host. The pricing and the whole package was awesome. Give them a call for a quote.

12.0 FRnR Tuned N54- Tarlton-Tunerwars 2018
12.2 FRnR TUNED N54-Tarlton-Dragwars 2017
12.446@185 Xcede Tuned N54-MTUBA 2012
12.6 Xcede Tuned N54-Mtuba 2011
12.525@184 Xcede Tuned N54-ODI 2010
BMW F82 AUSTIN YELLOW M4-going to the track soon....
16-05-2018, 08:58 PM
(10-05-2018 09:12 AM)WyKiD Wrote:  The various host cities are really quite geared up to host the races and imo it should be relatively easy to buy your tickets and arrange your transport once at your destination. As mentioned the various local tour operators do add almost ludicrous mark ups on the prices.

Did the Malaysian gp a couple years back, took a taxi from the hotel to the circuit. Went to a ticket office at the track, various options on offer. Race over taxi back to hotel.

Had no issues apart from the almost 100% humidity index...

You do pay slight premiums due to the influx of visitors but if you keep your wits about you, should save you plenty.

Was anxious about "winging it" as opposed to the comfort of a pre booked tour but had zero issues and would not hesitate doing it again.

Hope you get sorted and enjoy the trip...Thumbs

I did an exercise looking at EduSport, F1 Grand Prix Tours and Pentravel for my wife and I. Rennies who we use at work didn't quite understand my request for this. I wanted to do the 'ring as a passenger in a ring-taxi Huracan Performante or self-drive with instructor in a GT3 RS but nobody could facilitate this... will have to see what's possible when I'm there.

Anyway in summary, it ranged from +R7500 to (wait for it) +R32K like for like vs. doing it myself. If it was a 2K or 3K difference to have some extras and a guide, I might consider it, but the same hotel, flight numbers, limitations etc its not worth it IMHO.

I actually thought Pentravel made a mistake, but she did confirm she wasn't double-counting flights (still wouldn't account for R32K EXTRA). Kind of felt like Outsurance quoting me R10K/month on my car Biglol - that is a LOT of instructed laps of the Nurburgring in a GT3 RS Rofl Pentravel uses EduSport as a supplier as they have the lanyard and earplugs etc listed on the quote.

Looks like I will book myself

[Image: rewYTSy.png]
18-05-2018, 02:40 PM
I did Monaco in 2012 and Malaysia in 2015. We always booked tickets on our own and mad eour own arrangements....pretty certain this is much cheaper that those packages but never really checked. We usually use it as an opportunity to tour another neighbouring country as well so prefer to do our own arrangements...takes some time and planning but thats part of the fun. Must admit that my wife usually does all the arrangements and brilliant it finding the right option.

2015 BMW x3 2.0d Sport
2012 Toyota 86
1981 Toyota Liftback 1.6 SE
21-05-2018, 09:38 AM
You could contact 3VOM-Wp on the forum as he has arranged a couple of trips for the BMW Car Club Cape Town already .. Perhaps he could assist.

.... still searching for the perfect replacement BlueCry

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content