Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Can I afford a high-mileage Z4?
Today, 03:04 PM
RE: Can I afford a high-mileage Z4?
Honestly, I would do everything I can to take Solo's car vs. the 2.5i. You will just feel short changed in the long run, should you get the 2.5i.

So many options to explore if you choose to, as mentioned by the other gents. Else you can arrange with a dealership to dealer stock the car and they can arrange finance for you. It will cost a few grand but rather get what you truly want and pay a bit more, than buyer's remorse later down the line. The fact that Solo is negotiable will help your cause. Just my 2c.

Current:

03' BMW 330i Sport (M) - Alpine White III
10' BMW 335i Motorsport (A) - Alpine White III

[Image: _20170826_144613_126485941.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like KPM_330's post:
individj, johndoe
Today, 03:08 PM
(Today 03:00 PM)Deren Wrote:  Hi Good luck on your search it can be quite daunting. Not too long ago I was also searching for a 3.0i Manual however settled for a 3.0si auto
you can check it out here https://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=81730.

The one you test driving is most likely a 2005 registered in 2006 as i believe the 2006 was a facelift (different fogs, notice mines does not have the round fogs).

all the luck Thumbs

Just read your thread, very nice car! I wonder if I'm having a mid-life crisis too...
I thought those only start happening at 40+

Anyway, yeah I see what you mean about the fogs/bumper, weren't the 2005's a bad batch? Thought I read that somewhere...

Thanks for the well-wishes bru!
Thumbsup2
Today, 03:10 PM
(Today 03:08 PM)eben007 Wrote:  
(Today 03:00 PM)Deren Wrote:  Hi Good luck on your search it can be quite daunting. Not too long ago I was also searching for a 3.0i Manual however settled for a 3.0si auto
you can check it out here https://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=81730.

The one you test driving is most likely a 2005 registered in 2006 as i believe the 2006 was a facelift (different fogs, notice mines does not have the round fogs).

all the luck Thumbs

Just read your thread, very nice car! I wonder if I'm having a mid-life crisis too...
I thought those only start happening at 40+

Anyway, yeah I see what you mean about the fogs/bumper, weren't the 2005's a bad batch? Thought I read that somewhere...

Thanks for the well-wishes bru!
Thumbsup2

Thanks!!!

No i dont think they were a bad batch, just wanted to bring it to your attention so if you really like the car you can use it to bargain with the dealership Biglol
Today, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: Today 03:29 PM by eben007.)
(Today 03:04 PM)KPM_330 Wrote:  Honestly, I would do everything I can to take Solo's car vs. the 2.5i. You will just feel short changed in the long run, should you get the 2.5i.

So many options to explore if you choose to, as mentioned by the other gents. Else you can arrange with a dealership to dealer stock the car and they can arrange finance for you. It will cost a few grand but rather get what you truly want and pay a bit more, than buyer's remorse later down the line. The fact that Solo is negotiable will help your cause. Just my 2c.

Still first on my mind as well, trying things now to see if I can make it work, but I can only do so much, it's a tricky situation with me owing more on my current car than I'll get for a trade, (almost 50%) more and that amount cannot be added to Solo's car by a dealer because of values etc. I don't wanna go into too much detail but ya...tricky.

(Today 03:10 PM)Deren Wrote:  Thanks!!!

No i dont think they were a bad batch, just wanted to bring it to your attention so if you really like the car you can use it to bargain with the dealership Biglol

Hahaha no I seriously read somewhere that the 2005's were booked into BMW repair centres (globally) more than any other year...

But yeah it will come in handy when I start talking price!
Thanks!

Interesting.. the car I'm seeing tomorrow is apparently a 2.5si and not a 2.5i as I thought...

ONE QUESTION

Which is more reliable? i or si

User(s) browsing this thread:
2 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content