Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dreaded PCV Value 135i
13-09-2017, 01:34 AM
thumbdown The dreaded PCV Value 135i
Hi All

I have owned my 135i DCT 2011 for about a year, great car!!!!

Through my journey with this trusty stead I have come to learn about this PCV valve and like with most cars you learn something new when that part becomes a problem.
I understand that this unit exists in most car models and its purpose is to help with emissions etc. see link below for a detailed explanation.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1197666[/code]

Now to my issue, over the the past 6 months I have noticed a couple of things;
1. The car had an oil leak when I serviced it in March, very mild and the mechanic at the time recommend I change the valve cover gasket. (the garage never got around to doing it because they never had stock) At this point there was no alarms for me

2. When braking the car hard even at a slow speed, I would hear a light chirping noise from the engine bay. This noise is now gradually happening in the more softer braking range too.

3. From about 3 weeks ago, this is when I did the last oil service. There is visible burnt oil smoke coming from my engine bay (this looks and smells like oil that is getting onto the exhaust system)it is not there all the time but intermittent. This is where alarms are now starting to go off and the reason for my post.

I have done an some research on the topic and I believe the culprit is the PVC valve which causes the crankshaft front or rear main seal damage which is where the chirping noise comes from.

Questions;
1. The PCV valve is integrated into the Valve cover, which means you need to replace the entire cover (+-R9000)
Does motor warranty not cover this part in any way? motorite or Vaps etc.

2. If I continue to drive with this problem, what are the knock on effects in terms of damages, as I have had 2 BMW mechanics tell me I can drive with it for now it wont cause further damages.

3. Does anyone else have this issue and what have you been advised.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: The dreaded PCV Value 135i
The PCV valve is not part of the cover, its a separate entity on its own.
I replaced my valve with an RB PCV for preventative maintenance speak to

@FiRi@Rennzport, he should be able to hook you up with one of these.
Just to put your mind at ease, easy way to test is start the car, whilst it is idling, take the oil cap off, if it dip's/sucks, you know PCV is sharp of not, replace.

[Image: IC3MAN_T8000.png]

Current:
His : Alpine White 335i Msports Pack(Manuaaaaal)
Her's : Audi A4 B8 1.8T Ambition

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
2010 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Attraction
2011 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Ambition
13-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Morning chaps....im assuming from year Model, you are an n55 and not an n54. This means that his is integrated and not separate as per the n54.

Personally if your mech has pinpointed it to be your pcv / valve cover. I would get it changed.

The following 1 user Likes FiRi@Rennzport's post:
Iceman12596
13-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Didn't realize it was N55, My Bad ! smile bounce

[Image: IC3MAN_T8000.png]

Current:
His : Alpine White 335i Msports Pack(Manuaaaaal)
Her's : Audi A4 B8 1.8T Ambition

Ex:
2007 Audi A3 2.0 FSI
2007 Ford Focus ST
2008 Audi A3 2.0TFSI DSG
2010 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Attraction
2011 Audi A4 1.8T Multitronic Ambition
The following 1 user Likes Iceman12596's post:
joemarried
13-09-2017, 06:43 PM
(13-09-2017 08:21 AM)FiRi@Rennzport Wrote:  Morning chaps....im assuming from year Model, you are an n55 and not an n54. This means that his is integrated and not separate as per the n54.

Personally if your mech has pinpointed it to be your pcv / valve cover. I would get it changed.

Thanks dude, looks like I have no choice but to bite the bullet and spend the R9000.00 eish, any suggestions on where to get a good deal on it in the Cape Town area?
13-09-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2017 08:10 PM by FiRi@Rennzport.)
Pop us an email and let's see if Zaahier can get you a discount on the item. If you want, im sure Charles will be able to have a look at the car as well install if required.

13-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Rennzport@live.co.za

The following 1 user Likes FiRi@Rennzport's post:
joemarried

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content