Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
to all the bikers on the forum
05-06-2017, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2017 01:50 PM by herr bmw.)
RE: to all the bikers on the forum
was at a place in Hatfield ,biking accessories , in Pretorius street, but they were not very helpful when I needed brake/clutch levers,all they could say was very expensive, so I went next door to a place called RPM, very helpful,got a brake lever there,and he ordered me a clutch lever,but I managed to get one at Suzuki,they are prepared to service the bike and do a before and after dyno

don't know if anybody has taken there bikes there?

(05-06-2017 01:46 PM)Nick@TheFanatics Wrote:  Belray chain lube!! get some.

must get that,thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2017, 01:51 PM
(05-06-2017 09:16 AM)Enzio Wrote:  OK, my experiences.

Full throttle - very good for buying accessories and gear. Do not buy things like tyres or batteries from them. Do not let them touch your bike, they will f it up.

Suzuki Clown Store (Centurion) - I bought all my OE oil filters and fork seals, etc from them. I did all work on my bike myself. Do not let them touch your bike, they will f it up. They cannot even fit and balance a tyre properly, and they like revving the crap out of customer bikes first thing in the morning (I saw this first hand and was dismissed as a fool when I told them that is unacceptable behavior)

For tyres - I can ONLY recommend Just bike Tyre in Centurion (in same complex as Yamaha). Great prices and I have only ever had good service from them, they will not f up your bike.

So, in summary - If you want your bike to last, service and maintain it yourself with genuine parts. Learn to do these things yourself, it is MUCH cheaper and you have a better idea what is going on.

Also, when buying parts (and accessories) I have always imported unless timing/availability meant I had to buy local. You will end up paying less if you import on most occasions.

I did not replace my K7 GSX-R1000 with another Suzuki because of the pathetic dealers. I had a similarly crap experience with Kawasaki.
I have since bought a BMW, but I cannot comment on their service department yet.

I only service my bike myself and I agree with you,Just Bike Tyre is the best place to get tyres fitted,the never stuff anything up,have great service and their tyres,chains and sprockets are priced really well

Current:
e90 330d M-sport Auto
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
Suzuki Tl1000

[Image: img_1954_7594118472.jpg]

Ex:
E46 320d Auto
E46 320d Manual
Kawasaki ZXR400
The following 1 user Likes schalk320d's post:
herr bmw
05-06-2017, 01:54 PM
(05-06-2017 09:16 AM)Enzio Wrote:  OK, my experiences.

Full throttle - very good for buying accessories and gear. Do not buy things like tyres or batteries from them. Do not let them touch your bike, they will f it up.

Suzuki Clown Store (Centurion) - I bought all my OE oil filters and fork seals, etc from them. I did all work on my bike myself. Do not let them touch your bike, they will f it up. They cannot even fit and balance a tyre properly, and they like revving the crap out of customer bikes first thing in the morning (I saw this first hand and was dismissed as a fool when I told them that is unacceptable behavior)

For tyres - I can ONLY recommend Just bike Tyre in Centurion (in same complex as Yamaha). Great prices and I have only ever had good service from them, they will not f up your bike.

So, in summary - If you want your bike to last, service and maintain it yourself with genuine parts. Learn to do these things yourself, it is MUCH cheaper and you have a better idea what is going on.

Also, when buying parts (and accessories) I have always imported unless timing/availability meant I had to buy local. You will end up paying less if you import on most occasions.

I did not replace my K7 GSX-R1000 with another Suzuki because of the pathetic dealers. I had a similarly crap experience with Kawasaki.
I have since bought a BMW, but I cannot comment on their service department yet.

thanks, my brother in law has a 1150rt and he gets it serviced in Centurion at the bmw dealers, no complaints so far and he is very fussy with who works on his bike,he wanted me to get a bm bike,but unfortunately ,I had a budget to work to and this one fell into it
05-06-2017, 02:06 PM
to all the bikers on the forum
(05-06-2017 01:43 PM)herr bmw Wrote:  thanks guys,was at Suzuki toy store on Saturday,got the parts for the bike so now its through roadworthy(this morning) will do service myself.

must also apply for a learners so until that is done have time to work on the bike

(02-06-2017 08:18 PM)AlexYannoulatos Wrote:  Musgrave racing in PTA EAST

they are roughly 1km from my house,maybe less.have spoken to them ,but they tend to be more in the off road and adventure bikes,although they did say they can try help if needed

I stay a few km away from them too. Sorry about that, I see superbikes now and then there and that is why I stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
05-06-2017, 02:12 PM
(05-06-2017 02:06 PM)AlexYannoulatos Wrote:  
(05-06-2017 01:43 PM)herr bmw Wrote:  thanks guys,was at Suzuki toy store on Saturday,got the parts for the bike so now its through roadworthy(this morning) will do service myself.

must also apply for a learners so until that is done have time to work on the bike

(02-06-2017 08:18 PM)AlexYannoulatos Wrote:  Musgrave racing in PTA EAST

they are roughly 1km from my house,maybe less.have spoken to them ,but they tend to be more in the off road and adventure bikes,although they did say they can try help if needed

I stay a few km away from them too. Sorry about that, I see superbikes now and then there and that is why I stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to them first as I was originally looking at buying a Kawasaki klr 650,went and had a chat with them about what t look for etc, ended up buying the gsr as it was in far better condition than the klr

nice bunch of guys
05-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Rollsmile I personally think you should service your own bike so you can get to know it. Rollsmile

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
The following 2 users Like MikeR's post:
herr bmw, Nick
05-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Yea, i did my own services.

Loads of videos on youtube to walk you through.

[Image: nick sig2_1674483441.jpg]
05-06-2017, 05:14 PM
(05-06-2017 02:38 PM)MikeR Wrote:  Rollsmile I personally think you should service your own bike so you can get to know it. Rollsmile

that is the plan
tomorrow changing plugs,oil filter and oil,which I currently have,air filter I still want to check on as I don't know what is in there,oem or aftermarket performance one.
rest of the bike is in good condition, sprockets are in good condition and chain has right amount of play in it,tyres are still new and shocks are all ok,who ever owned it looked after it
05-06-2017, 07:13 PM
CoolShake awesome.... Its easier than you think.

The only problem I ever had was synchronizing Carbs - especially on a CBX That I give to the experts. Biglol

2011 120d Coupe (Black - Yin)
2012 125i Coupe (White - Yang)

2009 Z4m Coupe ( found a new home )
07 Audi A4 ( Passed onto father inlaw )
The following 1 user Likes MikeR's post:
herr bmw
05-06-2017, 07:18 PM
(05-06-2017 07:13 PM)MikeR Wrote:  CoolShake awesome.... Its easier than you think.

The only problem I ever had was synchronizing Carbs - especially on a CBX That I give to the experts. Biglol

Getting 6 carbs balanced must be a pain in the arseSmashScreen

Current:
e90 330d M-sport Auto
Opel Corsa Utility 1.4
Suzuki Tl1000

[Image: img_1954_7594118472.jpg]

Ex:
E46 320d Auto
E46 320d Manual
Kawasaki ZXR400
05-06-2017, 07:19 PM
thanks Mike,lucky this one is fuel injectionRollsmile

do you still have that repsol Honda?
16-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Only thing about servicing your bike yourself is the lack of a nice dealer stamp in your service book, if you're worried about things like that Bluebiggrin
16-02-2018, 08:03 AM
(16-02-2018 07:43 AM)wattywat Wrote:  Only thing about servicing your bike yourself is the lack of a nice dealer stamp in your service book, if you're worried about things like that Bluebiggrin

If I can DIY it and keep invoices as proof I do it because I know it has then been done.

Dealerships tell you they’ve done X, Y and Z, but quite often don’t do what they claim to have done.

With a bike having a dealership take shortcuts could have major consequences unfortunately..

Current:
[Image: b9c18a57-ca4d-430a-99f0-9f988a1b65a4_4874188881.jpeg]
Corsa Utility 1.4 Sport

Previous:
E46 320d
Yamaha R1
Suzuki GSX-R 400
The following 1 user Likes FerdiBotha's post:
PLV
16-02-2018, 08:06 AM
(16-02-2018 08:03 AM)FerdiBotha Wrote:  
(16-02-2018 07:43 AM)wattywat Wrote:  Only thing about servicing your bike yourself is the lack of a nice dealer stamp in your service book, if you're worried about things like that Bluebiggrin

If I can DIY it and keep invoices as proof I do it because I know it has then been done.

Dealerships tell you they’ve done X, Y and Z, but quite often don’t do what they claim to have done.

With a bike having a dealership take shortcuts could have major consequences unfortunately..

Yeah 100%! I know the dealer principal of BMW Northside personally so trust that he's not going to screw me over... I hope Fencelook
16-02-2018, 08:27 AM

in my case,didnt get a service book with the bike,so serviced it when i bought it and serviced again last weekend of Jan,done around 6500km so far and runs well.
was thinking of selling it,but that is before i got my learners,now i ride it every day to work and back,round trip of 100km a day.
next service i might send bike in to Suzuki to check every thing is still 100%,will see
16-02-2018, 08:56 AM
(16-02-2018 08:27 AM)herr bmw Wrote:  

in my case,didnt get a service book with the bike,so serviced it when i bought it and serviced again last weekend of Jan,done around 6500km so far and runs well.
was thinking of selling it,but that is before i got my learners,now i ride it every day to work and back,round trip of 100km a day.
next service i might send bike in to Suzuki to check every thing is still 100%,will see

If you have some time, take a ride to Wayne Heasman Racing in Roodepoort.
Bought some spares from them, and plenty of friends who raced bikes would only take their bikes there.

Current Cars:
2017 F80 Sakhir Orange Beast
1991 325iS - Henna Red, Link: http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=47188

Ex:
2012 Kawasaki ZX6R - Greeeen!
2011 P31 C63 - White, Link: http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=54942
16-02-2018, 06:59 PM
(16-02-2018 08:56 AM)Kimeran Wrote:  
(16-02-2018 08:27 AM)herr bmw Wrote:  

If you have some time, take a ride to Wayne Heasman Racing in Roodepoort.
Bought some spares from them, and plenty of friends who raced bikes would only take their bikes there.

thanks, will look them

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content