Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2c56 Charge pressure code thoughts/help?
20-05-2017, 12:48 AM
2c56 Charge pressure code thoughts/help?
Calling all the pro's.

Please could anyone suggest steps that I might take to resolve this problem? I know the best thing to do is take it in to the dealer and have it fixed.

Firstly what happens is when I am in an higher gear, 4th and up, and want to accelerate I get the following codes:

002c56 Charging pressure control: Plausibility Pressure to high.
002c58 Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence.

If I get the code I stop and switch the car off. Start it up and then I run it and its fine. It happens intermittent sometimes once a week. Today 3 times in one day. The turbo was replaced about 25 000km ago with a brand new BMW Turbo.

According to BMW check the following steps are suggested:
- Check wiring harness between DME and charging pressure sensor.
- Renew charging pressure sensor.
- Determine whether Wastgate valve is sticking closed.
- Check Wastegate valve pressure converter.
- Check vacuum line and vacuum.

Its a 2010 e82 N55 135i.

In anyone's opinion what are the chances it's be the turbo? BMW said they checked the actuator arm and its moving, since it is so intermittent could it be a dirty/faulty sensor?

Are there any steps I can take to eliminate some possibilities? Maybe clean the sensor or replace it myself? Rather than paying BMW's ridiculous R1750/h rate?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: 2c56 Charge pressure code thoughts/help?
I believe 2c56 or 2c58 is related to charged air. Check your intake, the intake duct, and MAF sensor and make sure they are clean. Also clean the tmap sensor on charge pipe.

Current Ride: 2011 BMW 135 n55 DCT FBO ,JB4 and MHD BMS BEF, Pure Stage 2 and inlet, Fuel-it TBI, Devels Own meth kit,4inch DP and single 3.5 inch single exhaust.

388wkw and 765nm in JHB
22-05-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: 2c56 Charge pressure code thoughts/help?
(22-05-2017 07:55 PM)BMW135FREAK Wrote:  I believe 2c56 or 2c58 is related to charged air. Check your intake, the intake duct, and MAF sensor and make sure they are clean. Also clean the tmap sensor on charge pipe.

Thanks, have you done this? Any idea where I can get MAF sensor cleaner?

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content