Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
220i fuel consumption
14-01-2018, 06:25 PM
RE: 220i fuel consumption
(14-01-2018 05:23 PM)bmw220i Wrote:  
(14-01-2018 05:04 PM)MOE 000 GP Wrote:  That fuel consumption is drunk buddy!
That's way too much for that car. Try and reset all the things in the car and then fill up and drive and see if it changes otherwise tell BMW some thing Wong! ... Cause that's more like 335i fuel consumption
It was booked in a few times with BMW, they reset what they could, but the technical engineers advised its normal and not much they can do.

It might just be a lemon in the batch, but a friend also had fuel issues with a 320I, that turned out to be major repairs on a new car.

U right, 330is/240is probably do better with sane driving, but I'm not too impressed with BMW side lining an obvious issue.

The dealership themselves also tested their demo 220I, and commented 'It seems though as  this model is heavy on fuel  on short distances and as far as I recall this is only a 52 litre tank.' They got around 14l/100kms on this short range test.
Unfortunately, this was also unethically looked over when BMW SA responded.

So would still advise if fuel consumption is something anyone is considering on a 220I, chances are u can expect much higher than other similar vehicles in the market.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

geeeez, this is not good, makes me want to reconsider.
do you think all 220i's have this issue?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2018, 06:34 PM
(14-01-2018 06:25 PM)kaymo Wrote:  
That's way too much for that car. Try and reset all the things in the car and then fill up and drive and see if it changes otherwise tell BMW some thing Wong! ... Cause that's more like 335i fuel consumption
It was booked in a few times with BMW, they reset what they could, but the technical engineers advised its normal and not much they can do.

It might just be a lemon in the batch, but a friend also had fuel issues with a 320I, that turned out to be major repairs on a new car.

U right, 330is/240is probably do better with sane driving, but I'm not too impressed with BMW side lining an obvious issue.

The dealership themselves also tested their demo 220I, and commented 'It seems though as  this model is heavy on fuel  on short distances and as far as I recall this is only a 52 litre tank.' They got around 14l/100kms on this short range test.

So would still advise if fuel consumption is something anyone is considering on a 220I, chances are u can expect much higher than other similar vehicles in the market.

Maybe check the average consumption on the vehicle u planning to buy, the onboard efficiency dynamics should store up to 2 hours of fuel consumption history, unless u buying brand new then its going to be a nice long test drive.

I think most of the 220is are expected to have that kind of consumption, unless anyone else in the forum has experienced better figures on theirs

Don't want to disappoint u by my experience, best drive it and see if u enjoy the car

14-01-2018, 06:49 PM
(14-01-2018 06:34 PM)bmw220i Wrote:  

Maybe check the average consumption on the vehicle u planning to buy, the onboard efficiency dynamics should store up to 2 hours of fuel consumption history, unless u buying brand new then its going to be a nice long test drive.

I think most of the 220is are expected to have that kind of consumption, unless anyone else in the forum has experienced better figures on theirs

Don't want to disappoint u by my experience, best drive it and see if u enjoy the car

Thanks mate. Im going to test drive during the week.
The following 1 user Likes kaymo's post:
bmw220i
14-01-2018, 07:02 PM
320i and consumption is no where near claimed
The following 1 user Likes FISH03's post:
bmw220i
14-01-2018, 07:32 PM
(14-01-2018 06:49 PM)kaymo Wrote:  

Keen to know how it goes... good luck

Yesterday, 07:54 AM
(14-01-2018 06:49 PM)kaymo Wrote:  

How did the 220I test drive go ?

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content