Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.95 Average
D.Basson - The Garage
10-09-2013, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2016 05:13 AM by YUBEN.)
D.Basson - The Garage
What can I say.....I LOVE THE BMWFANATICS FAMILY!!

I joined the fanatics on the 12/12/12 after seeing JP Viljoen's car and had a chat with him about it. He then suggested I join the forum. At that stage I had just taken ownership of the e46(more on it later) that I own currently.

The first event that I joined as the breakfast run to harties on the 16/12/12, was so excited that I rocked up something like a half hour or hour early. Was a very good run, had loads of fun and met some of the regulars for the first time. (Fuzz & Devon, flame paint job colour combinations and which combinations created the most wkw). If I remember correctly (but I stand to be corrected) it was Sash’s first run as well(also had a leka chat with him). Also met Petri on this day.
DSC02095

I have joined almost all of Ice Cream Socials, and they are always good fun coupled with some good laughs. Will never forget the first one I attended me, Naruto and Fuzz only left the Shell at something like 2:30am. After we had to pick Naruto up from the floor, because we laughed so much about using Q20 to get your brakes to stop squealing.
DSC 0180

Thanks to the forum I was able to attend my first dyno event at FR&R(the massive one with the Mazda & VW boys), and again had an awesome time. Anyone can ask Devon he can attest that the 325i has an additional 150wkw confidence boost (similar in respect to Herbie).

Then there was the Stonehaven breakfast run where I was able to “Le Mans style start” out sprint Devon to the passenger seat to the 1M owned by Morne. By far one of the most exciting driving experiences I have ever had. I cannot thank Morne enough for allowing me the opportunity to ride shotgun in a true BMW legend.
DSCF4305

The next memorable event was the ODI run on the 26th May 2013(yes the one that lead to the TUNA war and the “One does not simply” thread). Had plenty of good laughs with Tiaan, Garth, Devon and Kobus.

Another event which did not catch as much attention on the forum was the DubRepublik Carwash Run. Big up to Sancho for starting the “group” and the guys who took some really epic photos and let’s not forget the video that was made. Which I have watched way to many times, I think it might become detrimental to my health. Check out it out on Facebook and the DubRepublik website. Smartiesman was also representing that day.
968908 540780779293904 1254886198 n

And then the event of the year the Charity Run. Fraser you really went above and beyond with all the effort you put in that event. I am sure that it will be remembered not only by me, our fellow fanatics but for sure by the kids and people from Compass. This event really proved to me that this is a community that I would have no shame to be associated to and I will proudly say that I am a BMWFanatic.
WP 20130623 12 03 05 Panorama

Let’s hope the Fanatics community can continue to grow and that we can host many more awesome meets, breakfast runs, ice creams socials, charity events and cars & coffee meets.

I have been a BMW fan since I can remember, the love for cars was inherited from my father. He himself was first and Alfa man but changed somewhere in the early 90’s when he got a ’91 M5 which he replaced after 10 odd years with a ’00 M5(the first car I drove after receiving my learners license, was terrifying and exiting all in one) which was then replaced ,around 8 odd years later, with a ’02 M5 (also an e39 but with 100 000 km’s less than the one it replaced) which he still drives today.

My first BMW was an ’97 323i manual in morea green metallic, it had 195 000km on the clock when I received in 2006 (gift from my parents). It survived my varsity years and never broke down on me once, was super reliable and I truly loved that car. My mother has videographic evidence that I shed a tear when they told me this is my car, the day we went to collect it. It was written of on the 5th October 2012 when a services truck (Hyundai H100, who fled the scene which was for the better because if I could have gotten my hands on the man I would have killed him) hit me from behind and forced me into a taxi. It had 301 149km on the clock the day it was killed.
PB050106

Photo0284

Photo0285

The e36 was then replaced by my ’03 325i.
I will be using this thread to show the work that have done to it and my own learning DIY experiences.
DSCF5265

DSCF5273

DSCF5275

DSCF5277

There have been many more fanatics who I have met and receive help and or advice from, I thank each and every one of you guys/girls. Like Fuzz said after his unfortunate accident this is more than just a forum it’s a family.

Thank you.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 35 users Like Dewald Basson's post:
135i_carboned, Arbee, ASH M, B1gw1ll, BMW-CW, ChefDJ, Crash_Nemesis, darrenrsa, Dawn Breaker, Devzo, Divio, Ebrahim Mayat, Executer, Flash-Gordon, Fraser, Ga-3M, herr bmw, Iceman12596, Jamaine, KamalM3, moranor@axis, My1st1, Peter@AEW, Philip Foglar, RAArmstrong, Rayzor, Rocco, Sareshan, sash, Spiro, Theo333, UpNcOmiNg!, Venda Boy, Xack, zippy320
10-09-2013, 02:37 AM
RE: D.Basson: Fanatics & my BMW's
If this was your introduction it would have been awesome. Thumbs

Looking forward to see what is still planning.

Evil inside
Current : Yamaha FZR 1000 - custom (Frankenstein)

Ex:Opel Kadett(Stripes)Sold
E36 318i (The Witch) Sold
Hyosung Comet 650R (The Grok) Sold
Yahmaha R1 (Black Widow) Writen off
Honda Ballade [size=xx-small]Sold

The following 1 user Likes Thunder's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 05:25 AM
Nice Bravo
The following 1 user Likes GoCart's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 05:28 AM
PraisePraise

BMWFanatics FTWThumbs
Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes petrivanzyl's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Very nice bud Thumbs
The following 1 user Likes Dippies's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 07:04 AM
BravoBravo
The following 1 user Likes splintheter's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 07:28 AM
(10-09-2013 12:09 AM)Dewald Basson Wrote:  If I remember correctly (but I stand to be corrected) it was Sash’s first run as well(also had a leka chat with him).
Absolutely, based on our chats one would have thought we were experienced fanatics on our 100th run.

(10-09-2013 12:09 AM)Dewald Basson Wrote:  The next memorable event was the ODI run on the 26th May 2013(yes the one that lead to the TUNA war and the “One does not simply” thread). Had plenty of good laughs with Tiaan, Garth, Devon and Kobus.
Was my first time on the strip, was a great day.

(10-09-2013 12:09 AM)Dewald Basson Wrote:  And then the event of the year the Charity Run. Fraser you really went above and beyond with all the effort you put in that event. I am sure that it will be remembered not only by me, our fellow fanatics but for sure by the kids and people from Compass. This event really proved to me that this is a community that I would have no shame to be associated to and I will proudly say that I am a BMWFanatic.
Fraser....PraisePraise awesome event.

No, no, he didn’t slam you, he didn’t bump you, he didn’t nudge you… he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin’. – Harry Hogge, Days of Thunder

Current Rides
2007 530d MSport (DP, 76mm exhaust, RK Motion tune, OEM M6 wheels)
2012 X1 2.0D MSport
1996 200 Si Camry
[Image: photo from sashchern_5592516823.jpg]
The following 2 users Like sash's post:
Dewald Basson, Fraser
10-09-2013, 07:58 AM
(10-09-2013 02:37 AM)Thunder Wrote:  If this was your introduction it would have been awesome. Thumbs

You mean this isn't his introduction? Fencelook
BMWfanatics is way more than just a forum. The decorum and sheer willingness to help sets it worlds apart. I have made actual friends from this place, sure they all tossers, but pity friendship to them is still friendship. Rofl great write-up bud! Thumbs

EX:
e30 320i 2.9l stroker Astral Silver
e36 M3 Avus Blue
e34 M5 Calypso Red
e82 125i Space Grey
e82 135i Alpine White
The following 1 user Likes UpNcOmiNg!'s post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 08:06 AM by 131GAV.)
(10-09-2013 07:58 AM)UpNcOmiNg! Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 02:37 AM)Thunder Wrote:  If this was your introduction it would have been awesome. Thumbs

BMWfanatics is way more than just a forum. The decorum and sheer willingness to help sets it worlds apart. I have made actual friends from this place, sure they all tossers, but pity friendship to them is still friendship. Rofl great write-up bud! Thumbs

Grammar lesson for the day : Decorum? WTH does this mean Praise

I know i could just google it but im lazy....
10-09-2013, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 08:35 AM by UpNcOmiNg!.)
(10-09-2013 08:05 AM)playa_r6 Wrote:  

Decorum [Adjective]
Route word "Decor"
1. To decorate your non ///M-division car with ///M badges
2. To add carbon fibre pieces to a BMW ///M vehicle

Hope this helps Thumbs

EX:
e30 320i 2.9l stroker Astral Silver
e36 M3 Avus Blue
e34 M5 Calypso Red
e82 125i Space Grey
e82 135i Alpine White
10-09-2013, 08:36 AM
BMWFanatics for the win! Thumbs

BravoBravo

/o(O)(O) \ (lllllllll)(lllllllll) / (O)(O)o\
My thread - sold

Click here to view the network of forums hosted by TheFanatics.co.za | Click here to find out more about advertising on our network of forums | Click here for a list of our current advertisers | Click here for the forum rules and guidelines | Click here and check your region for any past and upcoming events and get-togethers | Click here to find out how to gain ///Member status
The following 1 user Likes ChefDJ's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 08:38 AM
(10-09-2013 08:33 AM)UpNcOmiNg! Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 08:05 AM)playa_r6 Wrote:  

Decorum [Adjective]
Route word "Decor"
1. To decorate your non ///M-division car with ///M badges
2. To add carbon fibre pieces to a BMW ///M vehicle

Hope this helps Thumbs

Hahahhahaha i fall under definition 2 :D

Thank you kind sir....
10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Thumbs
The following 1 user Likes FaSTandFurious's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Very nice Dewald. Thumbsup2
The following 1 user Likes SP33DYV's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 10:32 AM
BravoBravo

Nice write-up bud :-)

::Current::
F12 650i Vert

Black Sapphire Metallic | Dakota Black Sport Seats | EDC | Dynamic Drive | Adaptive Drive | Soft Close Doors | HUD | Surround View
The following 1 user Likes Hugo_za's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 03:02 PM by Dewald Basson.)

You can see it as my extremely overdue introduction/my response to the forum/my little thread to show what I am up to.

See it as a package deal, read 1 and get 2 for free.

Will post some stories/pics on what I have done on the e46 in due time.

10-09-2013, 01:14 PM
BravoBravoBravo

hope to see you on many more runsThumbs

have to agree,being shotgun in morne's 1m is something i will never forget either,one awesome carRollsmile
The following 1 user Likes herr bmw's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 01:38 PM
thanks for the write-up. there isnt a forum on the planet like this one Thumb
The following 1 user Likes Josh-ZN's post:
Dewald Basson
10-09-2013, 01:43 PM