Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
435i akrapovic link pipe with mpe
30-01-2017, 10:07 AM
435i akrapovic link pipe with mpe
Hey guys
I recently traded in my 135i for a 435i, I added the mpe and mppk and I am looking into adding the akrapovic link pipe that will replace the mid pipe and resonator. See image below. I have enquire at BMW if the pipe will be compatible with the mpe, but its looks as though it should be from the images. akrapovic is bmw approved and thus I get to keep my motorplan.

My question is has anyone removed their resonator/middle box on a 435i or similar. As you can see in the picture, its a very small box. What were the results?

My goal is to increase the volume of the exhaust. I had a similar setup on my 135i which was loud and awesome. see here:http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=48763
there was very slight drone at certain RPM's and gears, but nothing bad and the increase in sound was well worth it.

From what I have read, the dual pipes of the link pipe eliminates the drone you would get compared to a straight pipe from cat to back box. Any opinions etc are welcome.
[Image: stock vs akrapovic_5897319945.jpeg]
[Image: akrapovic-link-pipe-ss-for-bmw-435i-3_8711307165.png]

435i Msport - ppk - mpe
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: 435i akrapovic link pipe with mpe
Really interested to see the responses and what you find as I would like to use the same setup on my 435.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content