Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maxtrac coilovers
08-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Maxtrac coilovers
Hi Guys , just thought id post my experience with these coilies.

I highly recommend them to anyone who is fitting budget coilies.

have them on my e46 330i exclusive , the feel is much better than the stock sport suspension than it had and the comfort is still there.

will post a pic of the car when its clean Bluebiggrin

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
1 x "say no to wheelgap" sticker by rear arch and rear wheel and 1 x stanceworks sticker below the rear plates Bluebiggrin
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
RE: Maxtrac coilovers
Thumbs

What did they cost you and where did you get them?
08-08-2012, 08:49 AM
(08-08-2012 08:43 AM)Prini Wrote:  Thumbs

What did they cost you and where did you get them?

you have a pm.

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
1 x "say no to wheelgap" sticker by rear arch and rear wheel and 1 x stanceworks sticker below the rear plates Bluebiggrin
08-08-2012, 08:50 AM
i would also like to know please?

[Image: 186841.jpg?09C6116C54198885CD897156CF23C1F5][[Image: 167507.jpg?D2221D437A57D8458A113662363BE5A6]
Ex:
E36 318is
E36 325i
08-08-2012, 09:02 AM
+1

[Image: IMG-20120627-00224-1-1-1.jpg]

Current:
2006 BMW 550i M Sport
20" Rezax | Koni FSD | Powerflow exhaust | K & N air filter | CF Roundels | Matt black kidneys | LED interior upgrade | Promotec tuned
BMW Goodbyes:
2005 BMW E90 330i Exclusive | 2002 BMW E46 330i Exclusive (Facelift)

[Image: 134920.png]
08-08-2012, 09:09 AM
why not post in public so we can see hat you paid for them Thumbs
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
I paid R7500, if you want to know where i got it from , I can PM you.

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
08-08-2012, 09:47 AM
(08-08-2012 09:44 AM)MKV Wrote:  I paid R7500, if you want to know where i got it from , I can PM you.

Still waiting for that PM Bluebiggrin

[Image: IMG-20120627-00224-1-1-1.jpg]

Current:
2006 BMW 550i M Sport
20" Rezax | Koni FSD | Powerflow exhaust | K & N air filter | CF Roundels | Matt black kidneys | LED interior upgrade | Promotec tuned
BMW Goodbyes:
2005 BMW E90 330i Exclusive | 2002 BMW E46 330i Exclusive (Facelift)

[Image: 134920.png]
08-08-2012, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 10:59 AM by moranor@axis.)
from their website:

"Designed for a sportive ride and made of the best materials.

The Maxtrac coilover offers a high sportive driving behaviour with extremely good handling.

U can easily adjust the height of the car because there is screw-threat with an adjustment ring mounted on the coilover. Depending on what type of car It is possible to lower your car manually between 15 and 80 mm."

Hmmm underlined the funny bits Fencelook

dont really want to put a damper on things... but they feel better because your old shocks were dead...

The reason why i dont stock any of these cheap coilovers is because they all have very bad dampers with crude valving...

it is very easy to become a dealer for them and i would do it tomorrow IF they could deliver the performance we expect from our BMWs but they cannot and NEW stock shocks would do a better job...

This is why i always recommend a good spring shock combo to those on a budget they will out perform a cheap coilover any day because they have had loads of money spent on R&D to make a perfect product...

I am however glad MKV is happy with his purchase and hope they serve him well... just dont want people deciding before they have all the facts...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to moranor@axis for this post:
a1exander (08-12-2012), Mr Occo (09-27-2012), PrevanP (08-12-2012), Raybimmer (08-11-2012)
08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
And to hijack, I have a client with a set of BC Racing Coils on his E46 M3 which may be up for sale soon as we are going more hardcore with the car - replacing with another set of BC Kit.

Drop me a PM if anyone wants more info. Thumbs

Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
(08-08-2012 10:03 AM)moranor@axis Wrote:  from their website:

The Maxtrac coilover offers a high sportive driving behaviour with extremely good handling.

U can easily adjust the height of the car because there is screw-threat with an adjustment ring mounted on the coilover. Depending on what type of car It is possible to lower your car manually between 15 and 80 mm."

dont really want to put a damper on things... but they feel better because your old shocks were dead...

The reason why i dont stock any of these cheap coilovers is because they all have very bad dampers with crude valving...

it is very easy to become a dealer for them and i would do it tomorrow IF they could deliver the performance we expect from our BMWs but they cannot and NEW stock shocks would do a better job...

This is why i always recommend a good spring shock combo to those on a budget they will out perform a cheap coilover any day because they have had loads of money spent on R&D to make a perfect product...

I am however glad MKV is happy with his purchase and hope they serve him well... just dont want people deciding before they have all the facts...

Just on that note , my shocks were replaced a month ago, so they were practically brand new.

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
(08-08-2012 10:54 AM)MKV Wrote:  

Just on that note , my shocks were replaced a month ago, so they were practically brand new.

replaced with BMW OEM?

08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Lets see how long they last

We can never tell until we've witnessed i guess, I'm just impressed with them that's all.

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MKV for this post:
moranor@axis (08-08-2012)
08-08-2012, 11:07 AM
(08-08-2012 11:01 AM)MKV Wrote:  Lets see how long they last

We can never tell until we've witnessed i guess, I'm just impressed with them that's all.

No worries like i said i hope they do serve you well and continue to make you happy Bluebiggrin

08-08-2012, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 11:10 AM by moranor@axis.)
just to get into the details:

koni shocks have a quick buildup of force in the low speed (this is body control) then the force drops off quickly after the critical body control speeds so that bumps can be absorbed... on cheap shocks the response is more linear with little or no elbow so to get the same performance the shocks have to be very hard...

[Image: Damper%2520comparison.jpg]
Koni in Red Vs a Linear shock (cheap shocks are more Linear than good ones)

notice the forces under 3 this is body control...

here is a shock dyno of a BC coilover (widely regarded as the best cheap coilover) on various settings not very impressive at all and these are probably the best of the 'cheap coilovers' this is why i dont sell BC and will always recommend a good shock spring combo over cheap coilovers...
[Image: fl.png]

08-08-2012, 11:13 AM
(08-08-2012 11:01 AM)moranor@axis Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 10:54 AM)MKV Wrote:  

replaced with BMW OEM?

not oem

Titanium silver e46 330i
Powerpipes exhaust
maxtrac coilies
19" vossen reps
m3 bumper
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to MKV for this post:
moranor@axis (08-08-2012)
11-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I am not a suspension guru but here is my 2c...
A car is driving at a constant speed and hits a vertical bump in the road . The spring will be compressed as the wheel/suspension assembly is pushed upwards . Due to the severity of the bump and the strength of the spring the wheel will stop moving upwards and the spring now pushes the wheel downwards . This will give a see-saw motion as the car drives down the road and will soon stop .

If there is a shock absorber it will absorb some of the upward movement and control the speed of movement through internal design . As the tyre goes down the shock will also slow the movement down , the suspension should be level again within a few cycles .

The speed of the reaction of the shock and the travel of the shock allow a compromise between comfort and handling . This in my eyes is where the good and bad take different roads .I believe a good shock will be progressive , where cheap shock are more linear in their working .

Spring design from a purely mechanical viewpoint will take into account various factors , I do not believe the cheap spring/shock combo's can cover all the factors involved .

Good luck , hope the coilies work .
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Raybimmer for this post:
moranor@axis (08-12-2012)
12-08-2012, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:53 AM by a1exander.)
When it comes to suspension it is worthwhile remembering that compromise in quality has a disproportionate penalty attached to it should things go wrong.

"Buyer beware" comes to mind.

Ohlins Bilstein Koni have racing departments that support many racing teams.

They also supply the exotics OEM.

Never heard of Maxtrac or BC for that matter, in that arena.

It's like being a spectator to the end of the world or something, you can almost hear society crumbling. On the whole it's incredibly repulsive, but morbidly fascinating.

[Image: Sir_Greek2.jpg]
Design:petrivanzyl
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to a1exander for this post:
moranor@axis (08-12-2012)
27-09-2012, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2012 10:47 AM by bac.)
back from the dead, if you guys had to suggest a good DD coil over setup, car wont be tracked so dont need too stiff, just a good replacement for my worn out old shocks, and also would like to go quite low as well, its for an E46 m3

02 E46 m3 S62 swapped
06 E60 M5
00 Z3 M coupe RGM supercharged
04 Honda Integra R DC5 JR s/charged

[Image: ce21df1c-1e65-4d6a-8b4a-ef5265bbe3ff_zpsa9614f01.jpg]
27-09-2012, 10:51 AM
good lowering springs and shocks are the way to go on a smaller budget if you care about how your car handles and rides... good dampers are critical to making a car feel smooth and handle well...

I have many options for you from Koni, H&R and Eibach PM me with the details of your car and i will happy help you choose a setup that will best suit you and your car...

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content